Looks like Brexit is happening Queen agrees to suspend parliament

Russia aggression is a very serious thing they have invaded two European countries in the last decade (Georgia and Ukraine)

a united western world destabilization in Europe help no one other then Russia. since they are in a global chess game between the three super-powers Russia, America, China.

It doesn’t matter, we are talking about the EU. If those other manifestations were around and having an effect prior to the EU, they can exist if the EU dissolves. It doesn’t mean that war will result.

I know, and their fear is understandable, but that still does not mean that the EU is responsible for the lack of war on the Continent.

Reread my post. I am referring to the when the EU was established. Russia under Putin is more dangerous than they were in ‘93.

You’re drawing a distinction where virtually none exists. The only big difference between the EEC and the EU was the introduction of the euro.

Don’t forget this is the person who used (Great) Britain when discussing the referendum to leave the EU or to stay and has quoted the 1st of October in the discussion on here.

The contention made by some is that without the EU, war could return to the Continent. I am merely pointing out that there was no war on the Continent for 48 years prior to the EU, so it is not reasonable to assume that if the EU dissolved, war would return. That is nothing more than fear mongering to bolster the arguments to preserve the EU.

then try to understand the history of the EU and why

1. there cannot be a retrograde to the EEC.
  2. The EU ( in its various stages for the past 50 years) is the reason there hasn’t been conflict on the mainland
    its not fear mongering, it is understanding 500+ years of different distinct culture and history of the mainland

“Subject” is a mentality embedded in DNA.

What you have to understand in all this is that Johnson has no desire to leave the EU without a deal, even he isn’t that stupid.

He’s never been a true believer, Brexit has only ever been a vehicle for his ambition. Unlike farage and the ERG faith militant, Johnson knows the damage no deal brexit would inflict.

He asked HRH to prorogue parliament to smoke out the Tory remain rebels and force their hand, so they will have to vote against him in a vote of no confidence.

He then positions the Tories as the last, best hope for brexit, the living embodiment of the people’s struggle against THE ESTABLISHMENT, never mind the fact there is no one more establishment than he is.

He cuts a deal with Farage so the brexit party stay away from Tory marginals and instead contest Labour’s brexit northern heartland, by giving him a cabinet seat - minister for fishing and racism or some other bollocks.

The Tories win a hundred seat majority and then Johnson can “renogotiate” with the EU and cut a deal that is exactly the same as May’s, except with a border down the Irish sea. The DUP are irrelevant and the ERG are free to wail and nash their teeth because Johnson will still have enough votes to get it through.

Of course, that eventually leads to a reunited Irland and possibly another successful Indyref in Scotland, but no one gives a toss about the colonies any more. And Johnson fulfils his destiny and rules over rUK as is his birthright.

And that’s the best possible outcome that is realistic.

Its a complete shambles.

1 Like

No you’re just doing that “I’m technically correct the best kind of correct thing” when in reality something of the type has existed since the end of WW2.

1 Like

Except it wouldn’t be the UK. In fact it wouldn’t even be Great Britain.

Apparently according to one particular poster, it was (Great) Britain that participated in the referendum.

Well Americans as a whole are baffled by the whole England/Great Britain/United Kingdom thing.

1 Like

United Kingdom = Great Britain + Northern Ireland

Great Britain = England + Scotland + Wales

England = England

Simple. :smile:

1 Like

I am sure that any poster who wasn’t aware of the differences will take particular note.

Would you like to throw in an explanation of what the British and Irish Lions are?

As I have noted before, there are only two reasonable alternatives to the Brexit question: leave without a deal or remain. For background see:

Any real change to address Britain’s concerns would violate the EU’s founding principles and would require the agreement of every member state in the EU, which is essentially impossible. If you doubt this statement consider that the French-speaking half of Belgium nearly derailed the Canada-EU trade agreement in 2016:

Right now, the probability of remaining appears to be remote since it would require immediate action by parliament. A no-deal Brexit is certainly the most likely outcome.

It was the idiots within the ERG in the Conservative Party that voted against T May’s deal.

In England these days we would say “simples”…

I am British but consider myself an Englishman.

LOL someone at work once called me a UK person, she thought that was a nationality