Looking Back at the 'Rona Hysteria

Wear the mask if you feel like it works but forcing others to do so is stupid. Especially when it didnt really help other than make those feel better to do it.

3 Likes

Absolutely.

Maybe we should get rid of gain of function research as the very first step.

5 Likes

Weird Al did for a while there. :wink:

1 Like

I see a failure of control, at least partial, this time, but we can do it better next time.

The private sector? Next time they won’t submit. The pols lost the consent of the governed and it scares hell out of them.

4 Likes

Well, fear is a great motivator.

4 Likes

On the plus side - a lot of people learned to challenge “authority.” Information capitalism took a giant leap forward.

It’s going to be messy.

I’m being facetious. The government partially failed at control, especially after a month in when they said two weeks. They’ll do better next time, use a stiffer boot.

1 Like

They do and

5v00bm

The governed aren’t going to put up with it.

1 Like

Fear is a great motivator. This one is more deadly!!! It affects the chirren!! It will shrink your sexual organs!!! Lying to get their way isn’t outside their wheelhouse.

1 Like

Two weeks to stop the spread. Good concept, poor execution. Once they figured out the harm, they should have informed and eased restrictions.

Vaccinations available within a year *for those in high risk groups was excellent. The mandates were a huge overreach.

Masks were stupid.

Mask and vax shaming (either direction) were stupid. Do away with the mandate and it’s a personal choice.

2 Likes

The gen pop will never believe them again

But then politics step in. At least half will.

2 Likes

Another plus - social distancing. I like it. It’s going to be harder and harder with the ever increasing numbers, but it’s better.

I haven’t shaken a hand in a while. People I know are now telling new people “This is WuWei, he doesn’t shake hands.” :rofl:

I don’t have to explain it away anymore. I’m on a jihad to destroy that horrible custom.

3 Likes

I’m talking about real people. Those sheep are a lost cause.

81 million…

Nah, a lot of them just didn’t like Trump. The number of loons is much lower.

I see a heard, I call em all sheep.

Understandable. Those who aren’t loons are suffering realization now too. They won’t admit it, but they learned. Now they have doubts.

There’s always a line. The further you push it, the more people will say “that’s enough.”

A concept neo-Marxists can’t grasp.