Looking Back at the 'Rona Hysteria

We just completed the 3 year anniversary of the Ronasteria. This time 3 years ago, it was in full bloom.

I’d like to discuss what we think went well and not well with an eye to lessons learned for the next time. And there will be a next time.

Any level, mostly government.

I’ll start with Trump:

1. Well - he let the governors govern. The centgov cookie cutter solutions focused on population centers simply don’t work.

2. Not Well - he lied about the severity, he says trying to avoid a public panic. The POTUS doesn’t get to do that. For any reason.

I’m not sure anything went well, can’t really think of one. But I can sure name what went wrong…everything. Started with CDC being unprepared to government dictatorship.

Edit to add. And that’s coming from someone who was extreme close to ground floor. I didn’t know what to think at the time. But I do know CDC was left with their pants down from moment this virus first hit America.

3 Likes

Here’s my take. Viruses don’t give two ■■■■■ who the president is and this did what it did despite the actions we took.

4 Likes

Imagine having to wreck the economy and let loose a manufactured virus just to win an election. :rofl:

5 Likes

I can

1. Vaccine development
  2. Hospital ship to NYC
  3. Private sector re-tooling
2 Likes

I’m getting this feeling that libs aren’t going to touch this subject…maybe because they know the screwed up?

I really would like to hear them tell me what went right.

3 Likes

I’m not 100 percent convinced that Vaccine went well.

As for hospital ship…it wasn’t used if my memory serves me correct.

As for private sector retooling…yeah I get that. But I also see private sector was used by strong arm of government to force people into compliance.

2 Likes

Not good-Brandon is still using Title 42

I was quite impressed with Operation Warp Speed. Paring vaccine development from years to months was an outstanding achievement.

On the other hand, I was very disappointed with my fellow American’s knee jerk hostility to even the simplest mitigation measures. Mask wearing in particular.

And as a neutral observation, I hope that exposing the weakness of our supply chains inspires improvement, and long range planning. I am prepared to be let down.

5 Likes

Good post. Thank you.

However, Fauci conceded: “From a broad public-health standpoint, at the population level, masks work at the margins—maybe 10 percent.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/fact-check-did-anthony-fauci-say-masks-had-only-10-percent-efficacy/ar-AA1atQ5z

2 Likes

So no problem with mask wearing mandate…or vaccine mandate?

Yes warp speed worked…but exactly how effective was that vaccine…and long term health impact on younger generations?

That’s still the unknown,

2 Likes

Good point. Rona was killing old folks, not kids.

1 Like

Precisely. I took the vaccine…and I have no doubt I would do it again in same circumstances. But I would not give it to my young healthy kids if I had any.

1 Like

Biggest travesty of this epidemic…it was used as a power grab.

5 Likes

The hysteria was real. Our NJ governor made some executive orders regarding Covid in the workplace.

Posted at my job is this. “As of March 14th, 2023, daily health checks of employees will no longer be necessary”. This was just one of several orders to be followed.

Never once was that done at my job. Not to me, not to anyone. Ever. The workspace area was not cleaned on a daily basis. It was cleaned never. Only if the employee brought in stuff to do so on their own.

You can make any orders you want. If you can’t, or have no means to enforce it, is it really an order?

1 Like

the way govt ruined businesses was idiotic

2 Likes

how do we all feel now that we know masks didnt hardly do squat?

1 Like

If we had proper masks…maybe.

And wore them correctly, “worn religiously” according to Fauscistci.

This is what he actually had.

From a broad public-health standpoint, at the population level,

He tried to turn the country into a laboratory. Complete failure in understanding human nature or even reality.

A common problem with authoritarian high modernists.

4 Likes