Looking Back at the 'Rona Hysteria

What was that lie again? It’s mortality was greatly exaggerated from the beginning.

2 Likes

There is a plastic chain at a pedestrian exit I pass by frequently.

The purpose of it is to funnel people into a crosswalk - much closer to a stop sign for vehicle traffic. It also forces most users to take a more circuitous route.

It is held on by zip ties.

Every day somebody cuts the zip tie. Every other day, they go put it back up.

It’s amusing to watch, but also a little sad.

1 Like

He admitted he lied.

Working from home. It never would have happened at my company without covid. Now, it’s permanent.

3 Likes

he said himself they wouldn’t do anything bug maybe block a droplet etc

3 Likes

Not forcing employees to come in when they are sick or lose their jobs was huge in my opinion.

3 Likes

The stimulus payments should have been targeted to those in need and not across the board.

2 Likes

The logistics of doing that would have been very difficult.

1 Like

That’s why it didn’t happen. They found out the computer programs written in the 70’s couldn’t handle it.

At the federal and state level.

How do establish “need”?

Lose of job. My son was in the food service industry when it started. They laid off 2 thirds of the staff long before the mandatory closures. People just stopped eating out.

Sorry to hear that one of our neighbors lost everything in the food industry. They made custom bread and had lucrative deals delivering to major hotels and since hotels and the food industry where hammered hard he lost everything they were a mess we don’t even know where they moved just that they sold everything and left.

2 Likes

The effects of covid reached far and wide. All the way down to dry cleaners because no one was in the office anymore. The service industry got hammered.

And I bet state of Washington sent them a bill for unpaid sales taxes too during the shut down. :wink:

3 Likes

So libs…what went right? I figured I would have seen a long list.

1 Like

Vaccine development
Medical community
Mask wearing
People adapted and made the best of a bad situation.

Did they? What was good about it?

2 Likes

The death trackers magically disappeared after Biden inauguration.

They were pure diabolical propaganda.

5 Likes

mask sales were up

1 Like

Supply chain and China dependency exposure should be a positive take.

Already lost with China friendly Biden Energy EOs.

2 Likes