Looking Back at the 'Rona Hysteria

I agree to an extent. The caveat being 2022 elections. The hard learning ain’t over yet.

You can blame Trump all you want but his mistake was that he listened to the individual who was touted as being the world’s finest virologist and that “we” were dealing with an unknown, dangerous virus. The truth was that this virologist was the liar who created it, funded it, shipped it to Wuhan, funded it again, lied about it, all to cover his own ass…at the expense of millions of lives and trillions of dollars. This man needs to be PROSECUTED…and put to death for his massive crimes…PERIOD!!!

3 Likes

I have opted for an oldie but goodie. The dreaded terrorist fist jab. :rofl:

That’s my limit and I’m working on getting rid of even that.

1 Like

The truth of this and any future pandemic is this:

There is no prevention.
There’s isolation.

If a deadly virus is in an area, you quarantine that area. That’s the only prevention.

No amount of washing hands or mask wearing is going to prevent someone inside NYC from getting a virus if it gets into NYC.

When a pandemic virus is discovered, in needs shut down and isolated, regardless of where it’s discovered. If it’s not, anyone susceptible will get it unless they self isolate.

Covid had an absurdly LOW mortality rate. When something like Ebola gets off the reservation, it’s going to be a different story.

2 Likes

Ebola would be more easily contained just from the standpoint of its mortality rate and transmission through bodily fluids. IOW, it’s more able to be quarantined, and the guys in white suits will clean up what’s left behind.

1 Like

I have a hat like that, except the points are in the front and back

1 Like

In the end all I have to say is that those that wanna roll the dice with Covid 19 then go right ahead. If it gets you then don’t get mad when we’re on reddit laughing at you. Or making fun of you when you start a gofundme asking for help paying medical bills. And if doing something so simple as wearing a mask is somehow a challenge to your manhood/womanhood then that’s a you problem. I’m just always gonna remember my epidemiologist wife staying up until past 3:00 am dealing with that ■■■■ .

1 Like

Sure. You do you. Laugh at whatever misfortune others suffer all you want.

2 Likes

Hey, when there was a very, VERY good chance it could’ve avoided then what’s not to laugh at?

Yeah, like those that got the vaccine, then died of covid anyways. That ■■■■ was hysterical. /sarcasm

2 Likes

Kinda depends on a few things. But for most “natural” viruses you’re spot on.

It has more to do with incubation time than mortality. If something had an incubation time of several weeks of contagiousness, then 100% mortality, it would wipe out the world for the most part.

But if something only had an incubation time of a day or so, and the same mortality, you could lock areas down until it burned out.

My Wife’s good friend lost his 32 year old son to Covid. Trump Supporters who made it political.
I stayed at home and avoided people. Worked for me. And I was very disappointed with the crap that flight attendants had to put up with on some of the flights I was on. I see where people are bitching about Fauchi and crew. But I wonder how accurate the stories are that claim that the Trump administration and especially Pence approached all of the reports on how they would impact the upcoming election. And if true that administration failed us big time.

Not with a mask.

Mmmmm

3 Likes

Of course they did, they’re pols. Economists on the economy.

Tell me something, you feel it was a coincidence that the vaccine approval timing was days after the election?

4 Likes

No mention of teachers laying on beaches, refusing to work, etc.

The Ronasteria damaged yet another generation.

3 Likes

Take the Conspiracy Wagon on down the road

1 Like

This really is one stupid, mean and borderline evil post. Why don’t you save your disdain for those who created this virus, who concluded that their gain of knowledge, exceeded the risk of it escaping the lab and killing millions?

3 Likes