Looking Back at the 'Rona Hysteria

There appears to be about 5 percent who will wear them to the grave.

4 Likes

Not enough for the rancor they caused.

1 Like

Bookmarked.

Times are going to get really tough. The time cheating by working at home will get dropped.

1 Like

This was an inexplicable error.

Which is why you don’t close a business.

That is where the funds should have went.

Can’t figure it out? Don’t close them.

They could figure out who vaccinated.

1 Like

I know you are just playing with…mask wearing.

Or just like to hide identity.

The biggest travesty in this whole panda-monia was just how dependent libs have become on (D)addy just to exist.

They are no longer anything resembling being for the people. They are for government, by government, or else government.

7 Likes

I think it’s time for a bipartisan commission to perform an “after action” report.

I want it to focus on what worked, what didn’t, ideas for a future crisis, and a proposal for a gameplan when such a crisis eventually happens again. Every state should do one as well, as every state had different experiences with COVID.

We got caught with our pants down. We are lucky Covid wasn’t nearly as lethal as it could have been. We should use this whole crap show to formulate workable plans that could be implemented in the future.

Treat it like a SIOP type plan. But unlike SIOP it needs to be public.

Also I would like to see Pentagon styled “war games” involving potential future epidemics played out at the state and federal levels by government officials. And also involve public volunteers. Simulate a future epidemic using data recovered data from a Covid style after action report. War games are a proven method to plan for future events. It gives you something to work with. Modify it as actions on the ground progress. It shouldn’t be rigid; it needs to be flexible.

1 Like

Sure, look how many people took up gig work. Drive by parties to celebrate special occasions.

It normalized it for immunocompromised. That’s a plus in my book.

Maybe for slackers. I’ll be just fine. :sunglasses:

Some of this I can accept…other parts are scary. Why you may ask…because government will use next crises to ratchet up their authoritarian state.

Also my biggest fear…next pandemic may be much deadlier…and people will refuse to respond because how government and libs acted with covid.

Now at first we didn’t know. I just remember seeing nightly news of mass deaths in China. Than a ship full of people with covid. Than reading about first death here in America…and that hospital is same hospital I would be sent to in case of emergency. Worst part was that hospital unit that the death accrued was same unit that my niece works…you all read it unfold in real time here. Yes it freaked the hell out of me, not knowing. Just prior to that I was holding her new born baby…well 7 month old.

But what caught my attention was just how unprepared everyone was. Nurses eating together with other nurses that didn’t work in same unit that she worked. CDC took forever to respond etc. And even then they really didn’t know what to do. My brother who is extremely smart in cases like this offer suggests which she passed on and I guess some were implemented. She even traveled around the country hot spots passing on that knowledge.

CDC had 70 plus years to prepare for this event…70 years. And they were left flat footed. That’s was a travesty IMO.

4 Likes

I think many knew from the start that your t-shirt over your face did little to nothing. Those that swore by it still believe a dish cloth protects you and prevents the spread of Covid.

1 Like

it was always merely an outward sign of obedience and a reason now for cranky leftists to bark at people backed by mother govt. this is their version of heaven

surgical masks dont do ■■■■ fauci said so himself before he became the great and powerful oz then he needed to iflex his bureaucratic might

i still know some wearing them (and requiring them when you come around) and they are hard pan lefty nutbags. no exceptions

1 Like

it was cool how clueless pink/blue-haired leftists on twitter etc became arbiters of what was medical “truth” banning people wild

I’m surprised the Knack didn’t make a minor comeback…

The Knack - My Sharona - YouTube

1 Like

Could it be the best first move is to shut down travel and close the borders?

6 Likes

hell yes. slows the spread it’s basic common sense

1 Like

The mandate was the sole reason I immediately went from the day shift to the midnight shift. It’s one thing to have to wear one going in and out of a store. But to have to wear one every day for an entire shift at work for no good reason, not going to happen.

5 Likes