Look at he drive towards the sensible middle on abortion!

But he apparently listened. He won’t admit he is wrong.

Nope. That’s idiot. And political hackery.

Radio man called it infanticide. Must repeat radio man.

1 Like

His own words. Your link.

The radio told you his words don’t mean what you can plainly hear.

He is describing the birth of a severely defected baby. He is not describing an abortion.

You can hear it but you aren’t aloud to acknowledge it.

Sad.

I listened to his words at your link.

What was the question?

The question is as about third trimester abortions. He went on to describe what would happen to the babies that are cosidered for that procedure if they are not aborted.

Explaining that the baby will die either way and it’s tragi CB either way.

Glad we could agree.

IF THEY ARE NOT ABORTED.

congrats.

You have leveled up!

You have shed the burden of independent thought!

Huzzah!

Go back to about 38:52 of the video and you will hear the question to which the governor provided his answer, along with his answer.

Whoever parsed the YouTube link set the time point to start directly after Gov Northram answered this question as opposed to when he started to answer.

Here’s the video. I’m on a mobile so can’t time parse…start around 38:52

TL/DL:

*Third trimester abortions required not only parental consent, but consent of multiple physicians

*He states the conditions he was talking about “severe deformity/non-viable fetus”

*He then ties the response every one has heard to “this particular case” (meaning the criteria he has laid out)…revealing in full force the disingenuousness of right wing media that tried to make Gov Northram out to be some evil person who desired the slaughter of babies.

Some of the other posts on this thread border on the ridiculous with their slippery slope arguments as to what “non-viable” might mean (I.e. “if it’s the child of Christian parents, it’s non-viable”.

These are not honest arguments…they are fever dream arguments.

But they do reveal a mindset…a mindset that believes there is some evil Leftist conspiracy o murder babies at childbirth…or that there is some groundswell of demand building for late term abortions.

None of these fears are grounded in reality or objectivity…they are grounded in ideology.

Hence we are seeing the reaction we are seeing.

Hence a good reason why women in consultation with their physicians ought to be making these decisions, not ideologues who aren’t even looking at reality as it is right now.

The baby is going to die.

The baby is delivered in order to prevent any complications to the mother.

Don’t be ridiculous.

This is precisely what I was talking about in the post I was writing about the same time you made this post.

Again…why ideologues should be as far away from decisions like this as possible.

Yeah, but I head that Democrat wanted to murder babies. So…

Yeah… they were taken out of context for maximum effect. He was, to anyone who is giving his words an honest listen, describing a situation of giving palliative care to a baby that is not destined to live long after birth. He was talking about a tragedy but a very real one.

And the thing is… it works. My mother still thinks that Northum was talking about killing babies after birth even though we have had long discussions about what he was actually talking about.

It is not a good faith argument that is being had here.

2 Likes

3rd trimester. Delivered. Killed. Infanticide.

2 Likes

Nope.

He was. “Will be delivered” is “after birth”.

nope.

sad really.

You have been assimilated.

I severely defective baby will be birthed then will die because they are not viable.

Tragic, but true.

Shame that this cruel reality is being twisted and used for political cheap points.

1 Like

I have become convinced that there are people who have blinded themselves to the fact that there are tragic circumstances. They have to convince themselves that there does not exist situations where there are babies that do not survive long after birth and that there is nothing that medical science can do past giving palliative care.

They have to believe that this doesn’t happen because if they did believe it and still held the opinions that they do… they are either delusional or they are monsters.

can you point out where he said they will be killed?

In fact, he said they will be rescesitated.