Look at he drive towards the sensible middle on abortion!

Yep…I can see this drive towards compromise and consensus happening before our very eyes.

Because as we saw in Kansas, most Americans are in favor of a near total ban on all abortions.

Oh…wait…that might not be right…

:rofl::rofl:

Compromise? So it’s only a little murder?

6 Likes

We are all trying, we are all discerning, none of us are sleeping, none of all are doing well. We’re walking around with … knots in our stomach," House Rep. Ann Vermilion, a Republican from Marion, said on the floor Friday ahead of the vote, getting emotional.

It’s like Republicans are almost waking up. Realizing that, morally, they’re completely out of their depth. Drowning in politically motivated spaghetti logic.

But they’ll still force their decision on others by the barrel of gun. It takes incredible arrogance to feel that way and still legislate.

1 Like

Hmm, wonder why they don’t put it up for a vote by the citizens.

we’re ok with Roe going back to states now kool

and to think Kavanaugh almost lost his life

2 Likes

giphy

3 Likes

Since abortion is murder, and it’s pretty hard to accidently contract with a murderer to commit murder, that means that abortion as murder is accomplished with malice and forethought, maybe you can help a fellow poster understand the outcomes of this law a little better.

MURDER
Does the law use the biblical “eye for an eye” and require the murderer loose his/her life for being the contract murderer? (either through the death penalty or life in prison with no possibility for parole)?

MURDERESS
Since the woman is contracting the murder of her baby, does the law use the biblical “eye for an eye” and require the murderess loose her life for the contract murderer? (either through the death penalty or life in prison with no possibility for parole)?

WW

You agree with the Indiana bill?

Is that a general question or directed at someone specifically?

WW

@JayJay and the OP.

Feel free.

Personally I’m fine with states having whatever laws they want in regards to abortion as murder, with few federal exceptions***, are within the purview of the state. I do feel though that if abortions are murder that the same criminal penalties should apply to the contract murderer (abortionist) and the person that contracts with the murderer (the woman) for the commission of the crime.

WW

*** I think the federal exceptions are (a) murder on federal land, (b) murder of a federal official (i.e. federal judge, FBI agent, etc.).

Fair enough.

As this decision goes across the US, there will be a variance of outcomes but in the end, I believe abortion isn’t going anywhere. It’s here to stay. What will vary is at what point does the procedure become illegal? The first trimester will be what most states will use. I must say though, the former Governor of Virginia’s description of a baby being born and the mother still being given the opportunity to abort the child…is flat out murder. I hope states don’t go there.

2 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-virginia-gov-abortion/fact-check-virginia-governors-2019-comments-about-abortion-bill-are-missing-context-idUSKBN27D2HL

Northam was referring to “third-trimester abortions” that are done in cases “where there may be severe deformities. There may be a fetus that’s non viable” he said. “If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother,” Northam stated.

He was talking about rare and terrible cases where the fetus was nonviable.

He was not suggesting infanticide.

Now…define “non viable”, how much time does someone have to make this determination and who makes that decision?

2 Likes

here is one example.

Can anencephaly be treated?

Healthcare providers cannot treat anencephaly. Almost all babies born with anencephaly die within a few hours or days after birth. Providers work compassionately with families to help them say goodbye.

This is the kind of stuff he was talking about.

So an after birth abortion must require a medical deformity where death is almost certain, quality of life is nonexistent and the decision made strictly for these medical reasons? At what point should an abortion be outlawed when being performed strictly based on the mother’s wishes? Could an abortion be done at this time based only on that?

Then why didn’t he say that?

He did. Conservative news parsed the quote. Read the Reuters link above.

I don’t know the answers to all those questions. I just know that the VA Govs words were take. Out of context to smear him.