Lockdown Ends, Riots Begin

It’s a shame that those good people had a such a mess to clean up and while their response is admirable, it does nothing to restore the damage and loss of inventory incurred by the businesses. It will take years before that neighborhood is fully restored.

Systemic, lol, 1-4 cops out of a force of how many again?

I can’t agree with you that the problem is limited to 1-4 cops.

What do you think caused last night to happen, zantax?

So they should all be attacked to make sure we get the bad ones?

So what is your solution? Just let the rioters and looters keep at it until they are sated?

No that shouldn’t happen. But it did. Why do you think this is occuring?

You did say masters…meaning plural.

Neither can I.

If by this, you mean the looting, arson and rioting, people waiting for an excuse to get free stuff for the most part. Otherwise, this, would be peaceful protests.

Yes, the looting arson and rioting and the purposeful running off of the entire precinct.

I think you’re kidding yourself to think that it was just wanting an excuse. That certainly would be the easiest answer, and require no change.

When you lose the moral authority to govern, you lose the privilege of choosing how the response will manifest itself.

It maybe a riot, it may be the taking over of a wildlife refuge, a sit in, a march.

4 Likes

Word…

1 Like

Actually, for this kind of incident, it was pretty quick. So was the immediate firing of all four cops. Usually there is a lengthy investigation before charges are brought.

Do you think that the cop would not have been charged with murder if the riots had not occurred? By what evidence?

So they were looting flat screens to protest police brutality? Spare me.

2 Likes

I doubt he would have been charged if it weren’t for the video tape. It would have been 4 cops reports vs 1 dead guy.

2 Likes

Charging perhaps. Are you denying I would have left there in the back of a car in handcuffs?

Most cops are not bad but I would venture to say most of them will defend the blue wall. That has to stop. You can’t just hide behind the “go to court if you think he is wrong” This man did not get that opportunity.

I do. He would have been fired maybe.

Where you a spectator, press or gawker?