Life on mars? A scramble for liberal progressive voters

Put a paw print and have someone witness it.

Nope lets see a signature.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:. Sounds good

Not true. Only a handful of states suspend voting after a felony conviction

All rights should be restored upon completion of punishment.

All of them.

2 Likes

@Medicswife2002 we don’t often agree but on this one we do.

OMG. Six-foot

I enjoy having my rights back. I went from a nobody felon to war hero and I feel no shame in wanting others to have the same opportunities I had. Repeat offenders get harsher punishments for a reason.

You may have a very good point

1 Like

In Florida they are likely the difference between a democrat and republican victory in the 2020 presidential election. A recent change to the state constitution gives them the right to vote back but the republican legislature is doing all it can to disqualify as many as they can.

For non violent offenses (assault, murder, and sex crimes is what I define as violent felonies) I fully support felons regaining the right to keep and bear arms after a probationary period following release. Always have.

Under my plan non violent felons would regain all of their rights following a five year probation after release. If they commit any infraction during the probationary period their rights are restricted for life.

What do you define as an infraction?

Basically another felony.

1 Like

Can you please clarify for me exactly what felony means in the USA context? Thanks.

Ask a liberal.

I normally go by reality of the law in the USA In saying that, aggravated assault and/or battery, arson, burglary, domestic violence, drug-related crimes, DUI, fraud, kidnapping, manslaughter, murder, rape, robbery, theft and vandalism are all felonies. Then depend on the severity there are about 5 or 6 subclasses.

Australian laws are different because the people are different, culturally. Australia was originally a penal colony where criminls were exported.

Only parts of Australia; as were parts of the USA.

Was it part a or part b.

What parts of aggravated assault and/or battery, arson, burglary, domestic violence, drug-related crimes, DUI, fraud, kidnapping, manslaughter, murder, rape, robbery, theft and vandalism are not felonies.

Because you are a foreigner, I would like to know your opinion and your rational. Thank you, Mate.

I would have expected the history of convicts sent to what is now the USA would be part of the USA history school syllabus.

You haven’t included affray. Is affray not a felony in the USA?