Life on mars? A scramble for liberal progressive voters

What a truly remarkable comment especially given this thread includes the possibility of Martians getting the vote.

You are funny, Mate. And, yes I a very remarkable. Thank you

I believe that I was referring to your post.

images (3)

Aliens are here

I was referring to your post and how funny you are, in a good way. And yes I am very remarkable.

images (4)

I remember from many years ago the saying “self-praise is no recommendation”. However, I will accept on face value your analysis of your good self.

You said I was remarkable, Mate. I agree with you, and, then you blow smoke. download (2)

Think hard. What’s the common denomenator over right to own and bear arms, and voting.

(key jeopardy music)

1 Like

As I suspected absolutely nothing.

Then maybe stick to Aussie politics and not American one’s :smiley:

BOTH are US constitutional rights, and both are suspended upon felony conviction, and not restored when released from prison.

1 Like

This thread is in the Outside the Beltway section and is discussing the possibility of allowing extra-terrestrial life, if the exist, the right for them to vote. Does the USA constitution speak directly to the rights of Martians to be able to vote?

Then it changed to should felons be allowed to vote. Didn’t specify that they would only be able to vote in martian elections. Then I mentioned should their right to own guns be restored.

So are we only talking martian citizens at this point?

Of course this is an entirely hypothetical subject. There were varying opinions in this thread as to whether a person who has completed their gaol sentence and is released from gaol should have their right to vote restored.

There was a link from the ACLU included in this thread that outlines that there are differences between states of the USA relating to whether a person has their rights restored or not. Are you arguing that there is a particular clause within the USA constitution which speaks directly to the restoration of a person’s right to vote? If you aren’t and agree that it is within the purview of the individual states then I fail to see how the 2A related to the restoration of the right to vote.

Voting isn’t a reward.

The on topic narrative supports the on topic narrative.

What is voting, if not a right for illegal aliens and felons? Should we extend it to dogs and cats?

Dogs and cats are living beings and deserve representation.

Put me in the boat that allows felons who’ve served their time to have voting rights returned to them. If the state believes they’ve completed the punishment for crimes enough to be released then of course they should receive their voting privileges back too IMO.

1 Like

Seriously? Because when it comes to Trump the goalposts have been moved to the next county.

Let me know when cats and dogs can fill out a ballot and sign their name

I doubt it.