Life is Great in America, Wouldn't You Agree?

Bull ■■■■■

Ahh now we are getting somewhere…

The people with holes in their boat want to hear politicians speak about THEIR specific needs. Responding to those people by saying unemployment is 3.7% is not solving their problems.

For analogy…A breast cancer patient wants to hear how a doctor is going to specifically treat their symptoms. If a doctor says “well cancer is at a all time low, so you shouldn’t worry”… that isn’t going to make that person feel great.

I just illustrated my problem with Republicans. They rarely address the needs to the black community. They don’t come up with solution that cures our (collective) symptoms. They tell us we should be grateful for 3.7% unemployment but they aren’t listening.

Anyway off my soap box. I generally agree with your positive message.

Good talk

This is usually the part where this conversation takes a sharp turn towards nowhere.

I digress on that point. For another thread.

That isn’t a democrat or a republican thing. Both are guilty of it. Hell, forget politics, when money is involved a lot of people let a lot of things slide. But not all.

Yeah, but a good coach will make them shake hands and tell the opposing team, “good job”

The actual players, yes. Cheerleaders aren’t required, they’re just there for team spirit.

And? If you want to see what waiting for the government to improve your life looks like, visit a reservation, or people in HUD housing.

3 Likes

I’ve lived in HUD housing before. My children will sleep in a tent and subsist on wildlife in the Appalachians before they’re ever forced to live in public housing. Never again.

You know you shouldn’t read so much into it.

The racist card isn’t being pulled here.

Unemployment being low is something to be celebrated. That black unemployment is at an all time low is something to also be celebrated. Facts are not racist. Facts are facts.

If you find me being happy about people being employed when historically they’ve been underemployed then I really don’t have much time for your desperation to make something that should be celebrated into something that is racist…or whatever negative thing you are trying to turn it into.

1 Like

Not always. There are a lot of good people out there.

This is so true, Sneaky. There is nothing better than seeing someone come in after a day of work having accomplished something. It is personal, they grow and believe in themselves. Money can’t buy that.

Conversely, a person who goes out and makes something of themselves can demand and will be paid the value that they bring.

And this is the way it has and will always work.

Quite correct. If things go wrong in my life, I am the first person to pick myself apart for the blame and responsibility. Then, I learn and I try to do better. I also try to teach from my mistakes. And, I’ve made plenty. So, I’ve learned plenty.

So what exactly did Obama do to build his supposed great economy that Trump inherited? Was it his punishing regulations? Was it Obamacare? Was it his tax increases? Was it his war on fossil fuels? Maybe it was Dodd Frank? Can’t really point to his laughable failed stimulus package or his cash for clunkers program. What a farce those turned out to be. Maybe the sequester? What exactly? :confused:

DEMs keep regurgitating this same old silly talking point, but have thus far been unable to tell me exactly what he did. God knows I’ve asked repeatedly every time I hear someone recite that nonsense.

2 Likes

In this country, one can quit school and leave home at the age of 14 years old, end up homeless, poor, in the hood, with a felony on their record, and then go on to serve honorably in the military, become a mathematician, earn a middle-class living, and raise a nuclear family where every kid was made with the same wife and in wedlock out on a private family farm.

I know this for a fact.

1 Like

All I’m reading is what you wrote.

I think the thing is that people like you and I look at the economy and potential for people to grow. We want conditions that foster that. We want conditions that allow people to work and provide. To take pride in the accomplishments. Such as being able to open a business, because they are optimistic, work hard and even to become employers.

I’m not sure I understand how people can be so down on all of the great things happening once again. People are flourishing. Black unemployment is at an all time low. These are good things. These are great things and it is what America is supposed to be about.

Quite frankly, in 2009 I wasn’t sure I was going to make it. Today, I have great optimism and am happy to see the country on a positive path. A positive path for Americans. I can only hope that we continue in the same direction.

Who is down on all the great things happening? You specifically mentioned black unemployment numbers in the same paragraph, so I assumed you had evidence of people who are down on the black unemployment numbers.

If I assumed wrong, then I am curious to know exactly what great things people are down on.

You betcha. :+1:

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that, truly. I hope this economy doesn’t crash and burn for a long time. I’ll keep a savings in the meantime, but I could get mighty comfortable in an economy like this one!

1 Like

What are the needs of the black community?

What will cure your (collective) symptoms?

I don’t think anyone said you should be “grateful” for 3.7% unemployment? I am white, I am female. I am a business owner in a man’s world. I raised my child as a single mom without any support from government or an ex husband. I worked hard and made a lot of sacrifices. I thank God everyday that I have an income, a roof over my head and something to eat.

I start my day not complaining but with gratitude. I don’t take for granted what I have. Nor do I discount that it is me who made the choices to be where I am today.

I just don’t understand why that is so difficult for some. Why look back? People have more power within themselves to BE more than a number or a statistic.

As @SixFoot said it starts from within.

4 Likes