Let's hope this trend continues

Oh yeah, parents are such takers, which is why I spent over a million dollars to raise my two daughters, including sending one to med school, to provide this country with a new generation of well educated citizens. By the way, she saved an American citizens life before lunch today.

4 Likes

Sure, because the landlord is too stupid to pass that along in the price of the rental :rofl:

If a public school allots 9K per student, why do you care where they send their child?

3 Likes

In an apartment complex tenants are paying a tiny tiny fraction of property taxes. In no way equal to the amount of money they would receive in a voucher program.

If you are renting a home, then I agree the tenant is likely cover property taxes too. But depending on the amount, tenant may still receive more dollars from a voucher than they put into the system.

It doesn’t matter. That is the current cost per student that the public schools receive.

Since when does a lib care about other people’s money? Or is only money if people are given choice on what to do with it leaving government out of the picture?

2 Likes

No, renters aren’t paying a tiny fraction of property taxes, all property taxes for the building they live in are passed down in the form of rent. Deriding their contribution is no different then complaining someone living in a house valued at 100k pays much less then someone living in a house valued at a million. But hey, if you want to do away with progressive taxes and charge everyone the same, I am on board.

3 Likes

Has the government forced universities to cap their increases?

2 Likes

Then don’t use it.

It’s not racist. You’re indoctrinated

1 Like

And yet Libs provide free healthcare and free education to illegals by the millions who contribute even less than the people they are whining about in this thread. Not to mention Joey B is giving them a free vacation to the destination of their choice now. Non tax payers get thousands of dollars back at tax time due to child credits and suddenly you are concerned about people receiving more than they pay?

That’s comical dude…

3 Likes

Why not?

Exactly that public schools receive. Residents are getting additional money above their tax contribution to go to a public school. If they want to go to a private school they should NOT get a voucher above their tax contributions. I’m ok with them getting the exact amount they put in.

If they stay public, which is why the special tax exists… then so be it.

I think that’s the issue @toreyj01 has. And I agree with him. If you pay 1k in school property taxes and want to go private… we should give you that 1k back. Not 8k. 8k is for public.

1 Like

Some of that is true and needs to be fixed.

Some of it is wrong.

:rofl::+1:t4:

Well, you gotta admit this is really about restricting freedom and moving away from the almighty government knows what’s best for you line of thinking.

3 Likes

That’s wrong.

In an apartment complex they are.

No they aren’t.

No, do you like the university system pricing?

Libs believe yes. But cons don’t. Yet they are ok with it when it comes to vouchers… why?

They’re all for giving away money and freedom of choice, so long as people don’t use that money and choice in a way they disapprove of.