Let us be clear. President Trump cannot shut down the federal government!

And he made it clear he won’t sign a bill if his wall funding isn’t in it.

In fact he said he would be “proud” to own his shutdown and would not blame the Democrats.

And it’s all on video.

I’m not talking about what he said, I’m talking reality. It takes two obstinate sides to not fund the government.

He could have compromised but chose not to. Heck, how stupid does he look now for not taking the $25B in exchange for DACA last year?

He is the worst negotiator ever.

So you’d agree that Trump is obstinate?

Correct Doug.

Dems refuse to fund the wall

Trump refuses to sign a clean CR

It’s gonna be a long shutdown.

Allan

What on earth are you talking about? I have no idea what message you are attempting to convey.

JWK

Surprise, surprise, surprise. Democrats are ready to shut down the government!

See: Government shutdown 2018: Path forward murky with deadline hours away—live updates

December 21st

”The federal government will partially shut down Friday at midnight if the House and Senate don’t pass a spending bill that President Trump would then need to sign.

Mr. Trump signaled Friday he’s ready for a fight, after House Republicans voted on Thursday for a spending bill with border wall funding. But Democrats are poised to shut down the bill.”

Seems the Democrat Senators are determined to obstruct the passage of the spending bill which passed in the House yesterday. And these Democrat Senators likewise don’t give two twits that blocking the spending bill triggers a shutdown of government which apparently is part of their obstructionist strategy.

I thought Chucky-boy Schumer and Nancy-Botox Pelosi, wanted Trump to shut down the government by not signing the bill.

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone, far more than the cost of building a wall! LINK

I am talking about the spread of misinformation about “open border” democrats. Nobody is for open borders… I am challenging you to provide everyone a list of who they are.

1 Like

He did say that. So it’s on him. I’m just trying to figure out why people should panic over something that happens almost every year? Sometimes twice a year. Who cares? Wake me when it’s over.

1 Like

All those who reject building a wall, or other substantial physical barrier, in appropriate areas, to stop illegal border crossings are part of our nation’s open border crowd.

For example, Chucky-boy Schumer and Nancy-Botox Pelosi are part of our open border crowd.

Got it?

JWK

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1076239448461987841?s=20

Might have to turn sideways to get through that amazingly designed (beautiful!) steel slat fence.

:joy::joy::joy:

It needs severed heads on the spikes though.

2 Likes

So no Republican is to blame?

I’m skinny enough to fit though that picket fence. :slight_smile:

Oh brother!

This is plain and simple rationalization on your part.

Let’s see how you like your statement if it was written like this…

The President has made it clear that he will sign a funding bill if it includes funding for disarming all US citizens, so now it is in the Senates hands.

1 Like

I would say the same thing. Both the President and Congress would be equally for defunding the government because they could each cave to the other to get the funding.
Whether I agree with or don’t agree with the aim has nothing to do with who is responsible for the impasse.

You know you blamed Obama when he shut down government. We all did. So stick to your guns just like you’ve done in the past. You can’t blame Obama but not blame trump. And here’s the rub. It’s not schemer and pelosi in charge yet. So how you gonna blame them?