Let us be clear. President Trump cannot shut down the federal government!

In fact, President Trump can only veto a bill not containing money to build a wall and secure our border. This of course places the ball in Congress’ court and forces them to override his veto with a two-thirds vote in each House. By not overriding the President’s veto, Congress would be shutting down government, not President Trump!

Looks like Trump has the cards and can snooker the open border crowd in Congress with a veto.

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone, far more than the cost of building a wall! LINK

4 Likes

He said he would be responsible at that televised meeting with Pelosi and Schumer. We all heard him.

12 Likes

Technicalities tend to be lost on the public at large. Mr. Trump said he would take ownership of a shutdown. If it goes that way it will be all his.

2 Likes

“I am proud to shut down the government for border security.”
“I don’t mind owning that issue. … We’re closing it down for border security and I think I win that every single time.” --Fat Donald

3 Likes

Donald was joking. You libs have no sense of humor.

2 Likes

And he seems to have snookered Pelosi and Schumer who would be closing down government if they cannot override the President’s veto, or wont agree to add $5.5 billion to finance building the wall and send the bill back to the President.

All president Trump has to do if a bill comes to him without funding for the wall, is to hold a news conference and tell the American People

"I want to give House and Senate members a second chance to confirm they do not want to protect our borders from an ongoing invasion which is overwhelming American citizens with the poverty stricken populations of other countries, which includes their criminals, includes human trafficking, drugs and known terrorists.

If I had the power to shut down government over this national security concern, I would do it. But all I can do is veto this bill and give Congress a second chance to reconsider including a measly $5.5 BILLION to finance securing our border which is providing for the general welfare of the United States and protecting her citizens from an ongoing invasion.

Keep in mind that Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone, far more than the cost of building a wall! And with that I will now veto this bill and send it back to Congress"

JWK

3 Likes

He won’t do that…

He already said… on national television… that he accepts full responsibility for the shutdown.

So is he lying?

Hyperbole!!

You should e-mail this to fat donald so he can tweet it out to the masses.

The spin begins.

Well, he could be playing dirty, hardball politics, just like Pelosi and Schumer and the rest of the Trump haters and open border crowd. Does that bother you?

JWK

1 Like

He bothers me that he is lying… it should bother you too. Playing hardball politics does not mean you lie, repeatedly. It means you stand by your principles and fight.

Are you ok with Trump lying?

I’m perfectly ok with Trump saying he will accept responsibility should Congress shut down government. But I suspect the people will realize the fault rests with Congress should Congress not override his veto.

JWK

American citizens are sick and tired of being made into tax-slaves to finance a maternity ward for the poverty stricken populations of other countries who invade America’s borders to give birth.

1 Like

Good point… I hope he vetos this pig. Come on Trump. You can do it…

Uh… no, the fault would rest with Donald Trump. He said it himself. But you can use whatever mental gymnastics you need in order to keep supporting Individual #1.

it has to be wearing them out. Trump just says stupid stuff daily and to justify their vote for him they have to spin the stupid stuff. otherwise they look stupid.

at least PC is dead and we can call this era what it really is.

As I’ve pointed out before, Nixon still had a 24% approval rating at the end of his presidency. Some people can never admit they were wrong.

1 Like

Republican house, Republican Senate, Republican president and another government shutdown

2 Likes

Fat donald just shut down the government.

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1075819766823178240?s=21

fyi:

I am proud to shut down the government for border security.” “I don’t mind owning that issue. … We’re closing it down for border security and I think I win that every single time.” --Fat donald

1 Like