Let us be clear. President Trump cannot shut down the federal government!

I don’t think there’s enough votes to override a Trump veto. Republican politicians would rather shut down the government rather than stand up to Trump.

Old and stale news my friend! It is you who have not been paying attention!

SEE House approves spending bill with $5.7B for border wall

“The House of Representatives Thursday approved a bill that would fund most of the federal government through early February – and provides $5.7 billion for President Trump’s long-promised border wall – increasing the chances of a partial government shutdown later this week.”

So now, Chucky-boy Schumer gets the chance to prevent the Bill’s passage in the Senate, like he promised, and close the government down, before President Trump gets the chance to close the government down.

The bottom line is, the Democrat Party Leadership, Chucky-boy Schumer and Nancy-Botox-Pelosi, got snookered on this one

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone, far more than the measly $5 billion asked for to build a wall! LINK

Not a chance for Trump to get his wall funding.

Trump shutdown.

Gotta nice ring to it.

Allan

2 Likes

I am sure you noticed the mid terms, John.

235-199 in favor of not building the wall.

Allan

Of course President Trump’s words have meaning. They’re called the Art of the Deal!

Now, the only question is, will Chucky-boy Schumer prevent the House Bill from being passed in the Senate and close down the government, and prevent President Trump from closing down the government?

The fact is, The Democrat Party Leadership, Chucky-boy Schumer and Nancy-Botox Pelosi, have been snookered and neither you nor these two clowns realize an Art of the Deal CHECKMATE!

But hey, the bright side is, funding the wall will end our country being invaded by the poverty stricken populations of other countries, end human trafficking, stop the flow of criminals and drugs into our country at our southern border, and keep known terrorists from sneaking across our border ___ all of which promotes the general welfare of the United States and her citizens! :+1:

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone, far more than the measly $5 billion asked for to build a wall! LINK

Trump Shutdown.

Politically, it’s the strategic insight of the McConnell-era: the party in power is responsible.

Or, as someone once put it:

When they talk about the government shutdown, they’re going to be talking about the president of the United States, who the president was at that time. They’re not going to be talking about who was the head of the House, the head the Senate, who’s running things in Washington.

In this case, that should be especially true, given who’s head of the Senate and the House right now, along with who’s in the White House.

So what you’re telling me is Obama and Hillary are responsible, right?

3 Likes

So…did he mean what he said…or not?

So…you think people are so stupid that they will completely ignore what tiny trump said when he stated that he takes full responsibility?

Trump Shutdown. Everyone says like that. This will be the largest and best closing of government history. Because of Donald J. Trump, people will talk about how long the government is closed. It will be wonderful. Very effective. Some people think it is easy to close the government, but Trump knows that only true leaders can do it without charge.

3 Likes

If Trump wants to play “dirty, hardball politics” by explicitly owning the shutdown while his own party has majorities in the House and Senate, and then trying his usual gaslighting move (No, it’s the Democrats that own the shutdown!), that’s fine by me. The border wall is a weak hand, generally, and his time is running out. Let him rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light.

And who said this again?

When they talk about the government shutdown, they’re going to be talking about the president of the United States, who the president was at that time. They’re not going to be talking about who was the head of the House, the head the Senate, who’s running things in Washington.

A very smart man said that. Probably the smartest man.

I wonder why our open border crowd has gotten their panties all bunched up in a knot after the House passed a bill with $5.7 BILLION in it for the wall, and sent it to Chuck-boy Schumer.

Seems to me they may now be peed-off because Nancy-Botox Pelosi and Chucky-boy Schumer lied to them!

December 11, 2018:

”Pelosi said that House Republicans don’t have the votes to pass a bill that both funds the government and provides funding for the border wall. Pelosi argued that if they did, they would put such a bill on the floor.

"There are not votes — a majority of votes — for a wall," Pelosi told Trump.

"That’s exactly right," Schumer echoed. LINK

But they both were wrong, and if Chucky-boy Schumer blocks passage of the border wall funding bill in the Senate, he will have to close the government down to do it! CHECKMATE, Chucky-boy Schumer!

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone, far more than the cost of building a wall! LINK

So me a single politician that has advocated for open borders? To make this easier for you, so me a politician that has advocated for LESS border security?

If you can’t, I would really like the misinformation to stop… it doesn’t foster honest conversation.

1 Like

Trump a few days ago:

“I am proud to shut down the government for border security,” Trump told the Democratic leaders. “I will take the mantle. I will shut it down, I’m not going to blame you for it.”

Trump today:

“The Democrats now own the shutdown!”

Man- what a rube.

2 Likes

Trump never said that first thing. You just made it up. Maybe you’re crazy?

3 Likes

He literally can lie through his teeth while a clip is played simultaneously saying he will “own it” and that he will be “proud” of the shut down.

But I’m sure his followers will lap it up.

It should be interesting to see what happens. The Trump shut down will roll through to when the new Congress is seated soon. Then Pelosi will pass a clean CR and the senate will have to go back on their unanimous clean CR they just passed and explain why they don’t want to do it again.

The President has made it clear that he will sign a funding bill if it includes funding for the wall, so now it is in the Senates hands.