Let us be clear. President Trump cannot shut down the federal government!

I’m skinny enough to fit though that picket fence. :slight_smile:

Oh brother!

This is plain and simple rationalization on your part.

Let’s see how you like your statement if it was written like this…

The President has made it clear that he will sign a funding bill if it includes funding for disarming all US citizens, so now it is in the Senates hands.

1 Like

I would say the same thing. Both the President and Congress would be equally for defunding the government because they could each cave to the other to get the funding.
Whether I agree with or don’t agree with the aim has nothing to do with who is responsible for the impasse.

You know you blamed Obama when he shut down government. We all did. So stick to your guns just like you’ve done in the past. You can’t blame Obama but not blame trump. And here’s the rub. It’s not schemer and pelosi in charge yet. So how you gonna blame them?

Ummmmm…no. Democrats blamed Republicans and Republicans blamed Democrats…just like today.

You keep telling yourself that. I was here. On the old forum. I remember it.

Let me try this. The name calling used in the post is childish and disrespectful…and strongly mimics the childish disrespect of our current president. I addressed the post, not the poster.

Conservatives blamed Obama, liberals blamed Republicans. There were just more conservatives and fewer liberals then.

1 Like

Your not catching what I’m saying…

And no…most people blame Trump if it happens and Trumpies will blame their new boogymen…Pelosi and Schumer just like it’s always been.

If the Democrat Party Leadership, Nancy-Botox-Pelosi and Chucky-boy Schumer would agree to pass the House spending bill allocating $5.7 billion to fund the building of a wall, the following types of invasions would no longer be possible:

But instead of agreeing to pass the bill, the democrat party leadership has decided to block the bill and have a partial government shutdown.

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone, far more than the measly $5 billion asked for to build a wall! LINK

I did? Where is the link?

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone, far more than the measly $5 billion asked for to build a wall! LINK

3 government shutdowns when the Republican controlled Senate, house, and presidency…in 1 year. Winning!

Fake figures? You are the one making a fake allegation my friend.

SEE: How American Citizens Finance $18.5 Billion In Health Care For Unauthorized Immigrants

All told, Americans cross-subsidize health care for unauthorized immigrants to the tune of $18.5 billion a year. Of this total, federal taxpayers provided $11.2 billion in subsidized care to unauthorized immigrants in 2016 .

JWK

American citizens are sick and tired of being made into tax-slaves to finance a maternity ward for the poverty stricken populations of other countries who invade America’s borders to give birth.

How did President Trump “shut down the government”?

JWK

He said… on national television… that he would be god to shutdown the government. Did you not see it?

Btw I still would like you to list the names of politicians who are for open borders?

I know what President Trump said. Now tell me how President Trump shut down the government. I believe the shutdown occurred because the Senate did not pass a spending bill, and in particular, the spending Bill sent over by the House. Am I in error?

In regard to your question, I already responded to it.

JWK

Trump demanded $5 billion for his proposed wall along the border with Mexico. Democrats refused. Then House Republicans dug in, declining to pass a bill to keep the government running into February after the president threatened to veto it Thursday.