Legalizing Psychedelics

Wow, that’s a lot. Obviously you didn’t have bad experiences. Or at least not bad enough to stop lol.

Well I’m glad you’re still with us.

1 Like

I had a close call once lol. Not sure I want to go into it, but a change in surroundings pretty much took care of it. That and a more experienced buddy who was with me.

We used to have bonfires with 15 to 20 people all on shrooms.

New research has shown that it’s actually alcohol that is the biggest gateway drug.

Cannabis is not anything close to LSD or psilocybin

I’ve always blamed it on sugar. It gets people (kids) high when their bodies aren’t accustomed to it.

08135710faf401b5f60b451182dd77f5

1 Like

Depends on what you mean by that. Cannabis was a highly psychedelic experience before my body built a tolerance to THC. Visuals weren’t as intense as 10 tabs of LSD, but some were still there, along with the introspection. If anything, cannabis and psychedelics are some of the few drugs out there that mix incredibly well with each other.

Sorry, being really high on weed and tripping ballz isnt even remotely similar. The latter can be very dangerous in how it affects your decision making

Like father, like daughter.

Seriously, that guy is a flippin psychopath.

I don’t know about that, you can certainly have your decision making impacted, and I have been on the lower end of shrooms (visually) with weed, granted that was when I grew and was taking hot knifes of G-13 10 step hash.

Here’s my story and conclusions. My first joint was given to me by a 16-year-old black panther that was in a panel discussion at my Jewish youth group retreat at the Unitarian Church complex in Kansas City in 1968. I smoked it with four friends and we didn’t feel anything. Probably Kansas weed. Between high school and freshman year in college I smoked a lot of weed, hash, and opium, and I shot up cocaine one time. I ate mushrooms and I dropped acid about 10 times in a 12-month period. The first time on acid was enlightening, but I (we) were grateful to have an experienced tripper as our guide. That still was one of the best moments. We didn’t do acid to “get high,” but understood we were about to have a significant experience. I finally had a bad trip in 1970, and I was over acid.

I still do a little coke when somebody has it at a party (about once a year). I also will smoke weed (about once a year), but the new stuff is too powerful.

My background is liberal. My mother was a member of the communist party and became an orthopedic surgeon. My father also was an orthopedic surgeon and grew pot in the backyard.

I’m a former scientist and current teacher.

I’m agnostic on legalization, but I think alcohol is more dangerous. What I see among students is disturbing. Prescription drugs are much more of a problem.

1 Like

For you maybe. I’ve seen people hurt themselves on cannabis as well. Poor decision-making is an individual matter.

I only once got a little taste of psychedelics from weed. I had smoked some LSD weed and was watching an episode of Psyche with Lou Diamond Phillips in it. For just a few seconds, his head kind of looked like a smooth golf ball on a tee. It was pretty weird. That’s the extent of my psychedelics. So far.

That sounds scary…

If this was the first sentence of a book that I picked up at Barnes and Noble, I would probably buy it.

1 Like

Yeah. I hear you.

1 Like

The notion that weed is anywhere close to the extremes of psychedelics is absurd. It’s not “visuals”. Makes me wonder if ya’ll have ever experience complete ego death

You guys must have got some weak stuff. If you’ve never directly talked to God and understood the secrets to the entire universe while watching the ceilings boil, and seeing projections of yourself into every object, you’ve never tripped :sunglasses:

I don’t think something has to be as extreme as the other to still be something that effects your decision making…

I don’t think anyone is arguing that being really high is the same as most psychedelics