Legalizing Psychedelics

I will check that out, thank you.

Interesting. Maybe you build such a quick tolerance because it’s a fungus, so kind of toxic?

That’s why I’m hoping we get it on the ballot here, though I’m not sure people aren’t going to think that legalizing weed is enough, and vote against mushrooms. Getting it regulated will help with safety of the product and dosing knowledge.

Nope, not toxic, just very similar in molecular structure to serotonin. It passes the blood-brain barrier and floods your neural receptors with a higher affinity rate than serotonin, and the receptors remain stimulated even after the molecules have been broken down and flushed away.

A fun side effect is you also end up with more (and new) synaptic pathways in your brain than before.

1 Like

That’s fascinating, and is much like what they’re finding with weed - not the psychedelic part, but the new pathways and connections in the brain. I can’t wait to see what they find.

I take it as a potential liberation of mushrooms.

2 Likes

I wrote down the name of that just in case it gets deleted. Not that that would happen lol. I want to watch it when my husband isn’t hanging around as he doesn’t seem too comfortable with my interest in these things. But the beginning of that video - WHOA.

1 Like

I think it’s kind of fascinating that the human body has specific receptors for these kinds of substances, not to mention an entire endocannabinoid system that has no purpose but to interact with cannabinoids. Almost as if the two were designed for a purpose… that we’re just beginning to explore.

1 Like

Crazy right? I hope they unlock more of this in my lifetime. Fascinating stuff.

We’re likely hard-wired to receive these compounds/hormones because we evolved with them as a part of our diet for millennia.

1 Like

That would make perfect sense.

The part I skimmed through that made me a little anxious was Trip Two in chapter four.

Last thing Portland needs is more spaced out people.

1 Like

I’ve done both.
Did liquid drops, right on my tongue. It was a good trip.
Probably did LSD 5-6 times overall, and shrooms a few times.
LSD is much more intense, and lasts 8-10 hours.

Tried again years later with a friend, and it was not as fun…not bad, but a paranoid trip.

Now it is just THC, in flower, and concentrate.

And good wine and scotch.

I’ve done psilocybin mushrooms once. My environment was not good. I was at my parents house, who I hadn’t lived with for about two years, in what used to be my sisters bedroom, that was painted a bright shade of green. The first 8th of the trip was trippy. The rest made me feel like I was in hell, or that I was never going to be sane again.

I tried Amanita muscaria mushrooms once. Those are supposed to put you into a state of delirium. I was alone in my own house, so that was better. I still remember a lot about that trip, but it was crazy. I felt time got frozen, and like that was going to be the way things were going to be forever. I broke my laptop screen because I couldn’t figure out how to open it, and I figured time wouldn’t allow me to open it. In hindsight, that might have triggered the whole time frozen hypothesis.

I tried Salvia a few times. I mostly recall the feeling of being a moment, and feeling afraid of changing. Kind of like my identity was connected to a single page of a book, but I was afraid of turning the page because I wouldn’t be who I was anymore, but I knew I really couldn’t stop it. Giving in to the page flip was the only way. I think this is understandable by remembering this is the trip of a 21 yr old who just is learning there exists a life outside of their homeschooled/evangelical family.

I’ve done some other drugs, but they weren’t hallucinogens.

Edit: Oh wait. I tried Datura. Don’t do that drug. The only thing I have to say about that is that my friend told me that I was rolling around on their front lawn ranting about how the children were going to get me. I can’t help but wonder if I got a glimpse into the future during that trip and it scared me. Knowing what I know now, I can understand the trauma I would have inflicted on my prior self.

1 Like

Mushrooms about fifty times. Same with acid, maybe more, mostly at Grateful Dead shows. A lot of folks might think that means I’m one of the tie dyed types but I’m not at all. A lot closer to a biker or long haired redneck but somewhere in between.

Very bad idea. Oregon potheads are going to ruin legal weed for the rest of us trying to push this ■■■■■ I’ve tripped many times…psychedelics you shouldnt play around with or do lightly.

We were also told legalizing cannabis would lead to more drug abuse.

Cali! Amantas? That’s so risky.

I didn’t actually know that. It was not a good thing. I was alone. I found my underwear in my front lawn. I lived on a busy street.