Legalizing All Illegal Drugs

The founders did not outlaw drugs. The progressives did that about 100 years ago.

Harry Anslinger was a progressive???

If he thought it was the fed govt’s job to regulate drugs, then yes…

Yep. A true progressive.

Yes… Why are you surprised? You don’t support the FDA? Prohibition was a progressive idea too. All to make society better.

This excerpt seems to disagree with the notion of making society better.
" In 1930, the 38 year-old Anslinger was appointed the founding commissioner of the Treasury’s Federal Bureau of Narcotics.[4] Just as today, the illegal trade in alcohol (then still under Prohibition) and illicit drugs were targeted by the Treasury not primarily as social evils - that fell, if anywhere, under other government purview - but as losses of revenue since they could not be taxed. Appointed by department Secretary Andrew W. Mellon, his wife’s uncle, Anslinger was given a budget of $100,000 and turned loose.

Sounds just like modern democrats…

"the most prolific group during First Wave Feminism was the Woman’s Christian Temperance Union or the WCTU.

The WCTU was an organization made up of women who protested against the sale and consumption of alcohol in order to stop domestic abuse."

Just read through any of these threads and try to say it’s progressive who want to make drugs illegal for the good of the people. You yourself are in here on a regular basis gleefully hoping for crackdowns on legal weed.

Wow, you are so confused. The founders were a lot libertarians not the progressives. Progressives are for big govt and lots of regulation like making drugs illegal. You fully support the FDA, don’t you?

I was not hoping for a crack down on legal weed. I was pointing out democrats will crack down on illegal sales for the tax revenue. Just like the your "Harry Jacob Anslinger "…

Plus that is wayyyyyyyyyy cheaper and way more effective than punitive actions.

Yet, as a country, we proudly flaunt the facts in all sorts of areas, including this.

1 Like

You don’t support regulating medicinal drugs? Really? But who in these threads are hoping for weed (and mushrooms) to remain illegal? Hint: it isn’t progressives.

Odd, how just putting the word “medicinal” in front of drugs allows you to hold two conflicting views at the same time. Compartmentalization is common on the left.

Not at all. Medical drugs are prescribed to fight cancer, diseases. They can be very powerful, very detrimental drugs, causing kidney problems, liver problems lymphomas. Just watch the ads on tv, lol. Weed is a pretty darn benign drug. It’s a freaking plant that doesn’t even need processing. Just cut it down, dry it and that’s all you do to it.

You can’t say that about mushrooms, yet you want them to be over the counter… I’m fine with all drug being legal.

You absolutely can say that about “magic mushrooms”.

It’s a fungus rather than a plant, but aside from that, it’s exactly the same - no processing needed.

Mushrooms are also (arguably) even safer than marijuana.

I don’t think you are fine with all drugs being legal, based on previous posts.

A mushroom is not a plant no, but a fungus that also doesn’t need processing. Cut it down and dry it. And both weed and mushrooms are proving helpful medically and/or psychologically.

I’m progressive and I want all weed, shrooms and any other naturally grown drugs legalized.

No you don’t. Cratic says you want them illegal, for the good of society.

I’ve been a constitutional libertarian nearly my entire life… That why I know who outlawed drugs. The progressives… Progressing to tyranny.

Sure. Like I said, it’s always progressives in here arguing against legalization.