Largest insurer slams medicare for all

So who authored the heritage foundation heathcare plan

Republicans didn’t vote for it. It was their own idea.

Shows you have stupid some Democrats really are because their plan was to compromise with Republicans and have the House and Senate pass the Heritage Foundation plan. People get insurance and corporations get money. Win-Win?

But the Republicans refused, so it was actually not necessary to compromise with them.

I was actually quite conservative back then, and still am to some degree; however, if you are going to have the government involved at the national level, I prefer Medicare-4-All to a corporate-controlled system.

You could have no insurance at all, or just catastrophic care.

“if you are going to have the government involved”

And therein lies the truth as well as the Crux of the matter. Those against the ACA don’t want government involved in their healthcare. The same reason those against the ACA don’t want single payer.

Well, lookie here, turns out you weren’t being completely honest about it being designed by the “freaking” heritage foundation either. I’m shocked I tell you, shocked. :roll_eyes:

You don’t want the government involved in most aspects if not all other than those that are original proscribed by the constitution. That’s a perfectly reasonable position to have

But your posts that i have read are nothing but brooding cynicism. “The sky is falling. We are all prisoners of the big bad government.” That’s not a recipe for change, that’s a recipe for apathy. Ask me how i know.

That’s nice. I said system. You totes missed that.

That’s nice. You’re ignoring they’re different.

Your own politicfact link disagrees with you. What was in the Chafee bill that was also in Obamacare. Are those the major parts of both bills?

What’s the matter? You having trouble with the words “was not identical” and “distinct” or something? It’s right there, in black and white.

I used the word system on purpose. I never said identical. You are so much fun. And i mean that

You just said my link disagrees with me. I find that hard to believe. Care to elaborate? I think you’ve backed yourself into a corner and are trying to deflect now.

It does
From the link

Among other features, the Chafee bill included:

• An individual mandate;
  • Creation of purchasing pools;
  • Standardized benefits;
  • Vouchers for the poor to buy insurance;
  • A ban on denying coverage based on a pre-existing condition.

Now let’s try again I said system. I choose my words carefully when i posts here so i don’t have to deal with semantics. Keep trying though.

And again,

your individual mandate in the ACA included the shared responsibility payment compared to the Chafee bill :

You’re also ignoring that many conservatives were against the Chafee bill. Just as many were against the ACA. Just as many are against single payer. More than likely all for the same reason.

What was the point in bringing up the Heritage Foundation in the first place other than to paint this as a Conservative idea? There is nothing Conservative about adding another level of government to anything. It is the exact opposite of Conservative. Constitutionally limited government. That’s Conservative. Where is the enumerated power for Healthcare under Article 1, Section 8? Where is the enumerated power for bailouts under Article 1, Section 8? How about medicare? You think it’s Conservatives pushing for more government? Really?

It seems that the candidates that are in favor for a Medicare For All program do have different ways that it would be implemented and how it would function. If you consider that standard Medicare is the same as non-Medicare insurance where they both are 80/20 plans, then the insurance companies would make a profit selling supplemental insurance to cover the 20%. And I have heard that some of the candidates are proposing that you can keep your private or your employer based insurance if you wish.
So we really don’t know what a final version might look like at this time.
Years ago I was diagnosed that I needed both knees replaced. I put it off for three years and lived with the pain so I could get on Medicare. After I had the replacements I got the bill and figured out that by waiting for the Medicare I saved over $72K for my pain. And that is money that I am now investing in the economy.

To point out that Obama was a corporatist as i did earlier and the whole system benefits private health insurance more than it does individuals. That was the point

A corporatist who was pushing something that would effectively eliminate the private Insurance industry? How does that work?

Of course Obama may no longer support Single Payer after the ACA was passed, but he certainly pushed for it before he was elected. Then again, his party is pushing for single payer now, so maybe he flipped again and supports it now. :roll_eyes:

(Obama in 2003 stating he was a proponent of Single Payer.)

Not that any of that really matters. The same arguments were being made years ago that are being made now. There is no enumerated power under the Constitution for the Federal Government to create a law mandating people buy Health Insurance. That’s why the ACA should have been ruled Unconstitutional to begin with.

(John Stewart and O’Reilly debating single payer back in 2012.)

The plan was that the ACA would eventually morph into a single payer system.

Well that makes it better. :roll_eyes:

Really? If there’s one thing I never heard it’s: “Those Democrats are so good at playing multi dimensional chess!”

You can’t be completely incompetent and brilliant schemers at the same time. Unless, of course, they’re so brilliant that they look stupid…

Right and as a constitutional argument and the welfare clause argument and the unruly expansion of the interstate commerce. All those are arguments.

That acĂĄ was specifically designed to usher in single payer is a ridiculous argument.

Obama was a proponent of single payer. But he wound up being a corporatist. Bailouts etc.