Kid flashes white power symbol at Nashville rally

There are many documents, video, tweets from trump that disagree with your statement…

If you have children and they are using 4 chan, beat them.

This is utter nonsense.

This hand sign was originally a Hindu and Buddhist mudra. It’s been called just about everything. Illuminati, a ok, 666 and now “white power.”

Regurgitating old Mudras to have secret meaning is heretical.

That’s good parenting.

Can’t be worse then allowing them on 4 chan.

You are joking. It was not a 4channer. It has long been known to be anti-feminist… long before the 4-channers existed. Men can naturally clap louder than women. So it is nothing but an opportunity and exercise to say “I AM A MAN WHO IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOU PEOPLE WITH LITTLE CLAPPERS”.

Here is evidence that vigorous clapping is a requirement among Trumpians.

There’s always 8chan, or 420chan, or 2chan…

Also…it has meant “a good pizza”.

1 Like

Indeed. Parents, you’re going to need a bundle of switches.

I posted several times to show how this can be a thing…
Self explanatory…4chan does an excellent job of trolling and this was one of the things they wanted to do. But…if everyone knows what it could imply why do it?
Sounds like the joke is on the ones that thinks it harmless fun…

The middle finger in some parts of the world is acceptable while the the peace sign means ■■■■ you…
I’m giving you the deuces right now…

If you want to make the cut with the 4chan crew, I’ve got the sneaking suspicion that you need to turn it up at least three notches.

I lived in Turkey for awhile…well aware of different meanings of gestures.

The middle finger will get you deported from some countries.

So it’s entirely impossible that the A-ok gesture meaning can’t be used as something else…:thinking:

White power symbol is also the symbol for “A-Ok;” in fact it is what is taught in French as “doing well, okay, good, etc.” How do you know it was one over the other one?

I know how this came to be a thing. Apparently my knowledge of Internet history is greater than some of the other posters in this thread who had never heard of this… or even knowledge of 4chan.

However, the sign was not INVENTED to be ambiguously racist. The sign was not INVENTED in 2017. It was co-opted to serve as en effective troll to attack liberals.

The thing is, not everybody is as knowledgeable as you and me about Internet trends. Most people who use the OK sign have no idea that 4chan even exists, let alone that they mounted a campaign to make associations between innocuous things and racism.

4Channers also tried to make the association between drinking milk and being a racist. It didn’t catch on in the same way the hand sign did. Should I also stop drinking milk?

According to the research I did this afternoon, in France the sign means “worthless” or “zero.” It’s an insult.

The doubt is the goal.

The kid’s sniveling face is the giveaway.

4chan’s best when they claimed the iPhone 7s were 100% water proof, tons of people fell for it…
Your right… trolling as it may be its being embraced white supremacists…