Kid flashes white power symbol at Nashville rally

Burning Nikes is not disturbing? … a real carbon footprint (or two) and you are making jokes?

You are gaining my respect.

I wish conservatives would stop burning their shoes. I just don’t believe government should be used to stop them. I’m against government overreach.

Haven’t read the whole thread, but doesn’t anyone else think that is completely fake/altered clip to insert the kid?

Was that supposed to be the same Montana rally that plaid shirt guy was at? Because if so then Trump must have changed ties in the middle of his self glorifying address to his worshipers.

Without reading any replies yet:

1. The kid is just saying he’s doing fine, repeatedly.

2. A picture of Obama, Biden, and/or Hillary using the same sign (without the sneaky wink wink smile).

3. Ah, he’s just a kid. Kids do stupid stuff for attention.

Actually, I buy defense number three. I’d give the kid a pass, but not the forumers defending him using defenses one or two—if that’s happening.

Now I get to read the thread and see how bad my guesses were.

Someone should have anticipated is and proactively volunteered to collect such shoes and send to countries where people need shoes. The people Kaepernick is supposedly representing all have shoes.

You havent experienced real American culture until you’ve seen a 300 lb. Woman in a halter top and booty shorts, drinking a Starbucks and buying pringles and beef jerky, all at everyday low prices.

1 Like

$150 shoes don’t protect from getting shot in the back running from the police, and most people arent buried in tennis shoes.

Can they wear them in prison?

You have an excellent point.

This obviously wasn’t his rally in Billings, Montana. The tie is wrong.

The tweet implies this occurred in Montana, so I checked and it turns out Trump had another rally in Great Falls, Montana in July. I checked the video, and while the tie is the same as the tweet, it turns out he wears that tie a lot. I also couldn’t identify any of the people in the background.

I checked some video of other rallies he’s had this year. This is where I learned about his propensity for the same red tie. Again, I could not recognize any of the same people in the background that appear in the tweet.

Oh wait. I found it. It was in Nashville.

Watching it now in 2x speed. The kid is holding a sign right now. I’m looking for the timestamp for when he starts throwing out OK hand signs.

Ok. He starts at 11:45.

At 12:30 it looks like someone is talking to him.

At 12:45 he walks off camera, and he isn’t seen again for the rest of the rally.

If I were a conspiracy theorist who wanted to troll libs, just about the best thing I could do is to take innocuous hand gestures and try to make them mean something sinister.

It’s a win win. If it doesn’t work, they can say, “Ha ha, stupid libs and their coded racism talk. We’re just A-okay. Is it A-okay to be A-okay, silly snowflake lib?”

And if it does catch on, they can say . . . well, the same thing.

This is literally how it began. Thanks to 4Chan for making this a thing.

While giving a 3 year old Mt dew

I hope they don’t take away “Thank you,” “You’re welcome,” “May I . . . ?” or “Take care.”

If so, they’d eliminated half of my casual conversation with strangers.

lol - I was looking for other rally’s too. Nice work. On the small twitter feed it looked like he had just been inserted into a real rally video.

So that mystery solved (Really nice work!), I don’t think every time we see an okay sign now we can attack the user as flashing a white power symbol.

The cops trying to do it on the down low in that photo circulated a while back, yes. This kid, not so much. Trump does that all the time and the kid could just be mimicking him.

That sign is being co-opted, but certainly not all the time.

One 4Channer suggested that they spread the notion that clapping was “anti-feminist.”

Those guys can be pretty creative.

1 Like

Their next best move is to try to take away the wave hello or goodbye.

Or better yet: saying hello or goodbye.

Hitler said hello a lot.

Sure, because women don’t have hands. It’s the ultimate trash talk. Plus, white male privilege.

Thanks. I do enjoy sleuth work, particularly if I can find what I’m looking for.

I’m going go out on a limb and say the kid was removed from the rally, in the same way that the Plaid Shirt Guy was. Only it took Plaid Shirt Guy a long time to get booted, this kid got kicked out after 60 seconds of throwing out hand signs, regardless of what those hand signs actually meant.