Kid flashes white power symbol at Nashville rally

The middle finger will get you deported from some countries.

So it’s entirely impossible that the A-ok gesture meaning can’t be used as something else…:thinking:

White power symbol is also the symbol for “A-Ok;” in fact it is what is taught in French as “doing well, okay, good, etc.” How do you know it was one over the other one?

I know how this came to be a thing. Apparently my knowledge of Internet history is greater than some of the other posters in this thread who had never heard of this… or even knowledge of 4chan.

However, the sign was not INVENTED to be ambiguously racist. The sign was not INVENTED in 2017. It was co-opted to serve as en effective troll to attack liberals.

The thing is, not everybody is as knowledgeable as you and me about Internet trends. Most people who use the OK sign have no idea that 4chan even exists, let alone that they mounted a campaign to make associations between innocuous things and racism.

4Channers also tried to make the association between drinking milk and being a racist. It didn’t catch on in the same way the hand sign did. Should I also stop drinking milk?

According to the research I did this afternoon, in France the sign means “worthless” or “zero.” It’s an insult.

The doubt is the goal.

The kid’s sniveling face is the giveaway.

4chan’s best when they claimed the iPhone 7s were 100% water proof, tons of people fell for it…
Your right… trolling as it may be its being embraced white supremacists…

Dont believe so, wouldnt match the DOC uniform code

Please dont use the r word. We’ve already got one person here who completely overused it.

Also, don’t clap.
And don’t make the OK sign.
To be safe, go in a closet and lock the door.

1 Like

I’m not sure I heard about the iPhone 7. I do remember when we were told to microwave our phones for quick charging.

Thing is though…why are white Americans trolling with a gesture that was meant to be a trolling tool that might suggest your a white supremacists???

Hmmmm… I don’t think he was removed. Just think he’d run down to the front to be on camera for a few minutes and then went back to whoever he was there with. But we’ll never know.

That’s also highly likely. I prefer to think he was removed, because it shuts down the narrative that he was allowed to act like he did, but Plaid Shirt Guy was removed for being too facially animated.

If the kid had stayed throughout the entire rally, he would have been more distracting, to me, than Plaid Shirt Guy. Both were pretty funny though.

There are many documents, video, tweets from Trump that Trump-hating race hustlers have spun to paint him as a racist if that’s what you mean.

If you make the OK sign and hold it up to your mouth it’s the hand signal for smoking a joint.

I guess all the hipster kids are now closet racists too.

1 Like

Somebody should pass a law.

1 Like

“We need to make some pics that are warning parents about what the dab really means and spread it around,” wrote one 4channer.

That’s an interesting statement. Who decided they aren’t acceptable? I’d love to see an example, but I don’t want you to get in trouble.