Kevin McCarthy has the solution to the shutdown

“I will take the Mantle… I am not going to blame you for it”

-President Donald J Trump to Senator Schumer

And the last part I already answered.

It’s too late.

The President already signed the bill that funds them.

Not their fault that he isn’t smart enough to realize that.

That’s not a personal opinion of the man. It’s a recommendation for action, in the same vein as McCarthy’s

And what is the “job”? Help Trump pull his head out of his ass? Pelosi is doing what she can. At this point though it’s mostly a waiting game. May was well wait at home.

Should congress be taking any time off what so ever while people are not getting paid?

Trump is preparing to cave.
https://twitter.com/Jordanfabian/status/1088549654403391496

Should congress be taking any time off what so ever while people are not getting paid?

He is negotiating his position down.

I doubt that Pelosi will budge.

You don’t fold when you’ve got a straight flush.

Give him funding for two post hole diggers and get DACA in return.

His supporters could easily be convinced that’s a win.

I already answered that question, and you acknowledged my answer. Now would you answer mine? How many people do you think it’s going to take to help Trump pull his head out of his ass, and lift his foot off his wiily?

1 Like

You mean Nancy Pelosi, who I refer to as Nancy?

Trump is not the topic. There are already about 1000 anti Trump topics in this forum. This is not one of them. But still, I will consider answering the question if you phrase it in a non hysterical way.

Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil. But everyone knew her as Nancy.

2 Likes

How is Trump not the topic? The topic is getting a bill passed, yes?
How can you work with a guy like Trump who isn’t trustworthy?. He burned McConnell last month so badly that Mitch stayed away for a few weeks.
This whole thing is about Trump, first to last.

Well played.

1 Like

Thank you sir!

Because I said it wasn’t. And I created the thread. The question was:

I believe that your thought is that these overworked, under paid public servants certainly should not be giving up any of their very few days off to work on a compromise bill. Yes?

This is Trump’s shut down but all we ever talk about is Congress sitting down and figuring it out.

Weird.

What is weird is how many times you use the word weird.

Grew up in the 80s, 90s. Not that weird.

Well, when you put it that way…