Kevin McCarthy has the solution to the shutdown

Ok. That’s two for going easy on congress and two for making them get the job done.

It’s not so simplistic, friend. You can’t make everything a yes/no. Embrace complexity.

No, not all - no break for McConnell. He needs to fly commercial every day, meeting up with TSA agents around the country, while crossing his fingers that his plane doesn’t crash into another plane or something.

Oh, the irony. Mitch McConnell is an awful, cynical sociopath, but he did have one of the key strategic insights in politics during the Obama years: If things are terrible, there’s a general reversion to associating that with the President.

In this case, with an unpopular president who goes out of his way to act like a boorish ■■■■■■■■ and who said he was happy to shut down the government, and with the GOP in control of the Senate, that insight is even more applicable. It’s amazing that Republicans never learned their own lesson.

2 Likes

This is Donald Trump’s shutdown that is punishing 800,000 federal workers, numerous contractors, farmers, small businesses and many others who depend on federal action. So McCarthy’s solution is “punish” Congress. McCarthy has clearly learned from Trump that the essence of Republican power is to inflict pain on others.

There will no solution until either Trump or Congress budges; this proposal puts the onus to budge only on one party. Does anyone on the R side understand how you negotiate?

1 Like

Okay. I have your personal opinion of McConnel noted. Thanks for that. But Should congress, and by congress, I mean the entire body. Even the ones that you love. Stay in session until the job is done or enjoy some well earned time off?

Should congress be taking any time off what so ever while people are not getting paid?

Should congress be taking any time off what so ever while people are not getting paid?

It’s irrelevant. It doesn’t matter how much time they take off. It’s solely on Trump who won’t even sit down with them anymore.

Should Trump be preventing people from getting paid?

So I will put you down as undecided?

So … the “bring it on”, “I could care less” and the only people who care are “media nitwits” position of last month changed.

Good for you. Maybe the bravado will not be employed next time around.

Now… before the shut down the President declared without any equivocation that he was to blame for the shut down.

So why is he not to blame anymore?

If I thought it mattered, I would want them to stay. I don’t think it matters. So I don’t care.

That’s as simple as I can make it.

I never said that. Not once. I simply asked a question. And it’s a simple one. Are you going to continue to dodge it?

That’s no excuse to respond in kind to people asking you questions. Quite unfair actually.

The House has passed budgets to the Senate.

The Majority Leader kept those from getting voted on.

This will end right now if the President agrees to stop holding working people hostage.

The President should stay in town in case a bill is presented to him. Do you think congress should stick around until government re-opens?

The President was happy to sign the budget that got them paid.

If he had any brains he would have shut the Government down over that… but he doesn’t … so he didn’t… and now his shut down is Like him letting out a huge fart and he is trying to blame the chair for being squeaky.

Everyone has already blamed whomever they think is most responsible. That argument is over. People have already decided who to blame. There is nothing new to discuss. It’s now time to get it fixed.