Kevin McCarthy has the solution to the shutdown

Nobody in congress leaves as long as the shutdown remains in affect. No vacations, no weekends, no time off. Nothing. You stay until it’s done. No finger pointing, no blame game, no running to the media. Just get it done. Congress has no business taking a single day off as long as people are still not getting paid. I know this is a foreign concept to congress. Because when congress talks of sacrifice, they certainly are not talking about themselves. They are used to taking the easy way out. Most are not willing to give up a thing for their country. Stay put. Don’t you dare leave while others are suffering.

Okay liberals. This is the part where you defend your politicians, complain about Trump and explain why staying put until it’s over is a bad idea.

Let the TSA walk out completely for a couple days and stop all air travel.

I think stopping that commerce would get some attention.

2 Likes

Shut down some airlines and airports. :flushed:

2 Likes

I don’t think that will be necessary. A few days of non stop work for congress and they will have had enough.

What happened in the past month to abandon the “bring it on” argumet?

Certainly, the longer this goes on the better it is for Trump… right?

4 Likes

Does that include Trump? He’s the only one stopping a deal from being made.

They’re getting worried.

1 Like

It needs to end. Past shutdowns have not lasted nearly this long. It’s approaching a national emergency. I did not think it would go this far. I misjudged the stubbornness of congress We’re in record territory now. There I admitted it. Now I need your opinion.

Should congress be taking any time off what so ever while people are not getting paid? What do you think?

Send the CBP home. Lock the gates to all traffic - air, land and water.

You don’t play with fire. Don’t mess around with government shut downs. Don’t cause national emergencies.

Trump has to learn his lesson. If not Trump, then the Senate needs to learn this lesson.

This is no way to govern.

I think that’s great, if Kevin McCarthy and Trump want to hang out in DC together and “get it done.” End the suffering.

Should congress be taking any time off what so ever while people are not getting paid?

Should congress be taking any time off what so ever while people are not getting paid?

I don’t see what difference it makes. Until Trump agrees to open the government, nothing is going to happen.

I guess McConnell could agree to override his veto. Where’s Mitch?

1 Like

Nope. Same with the President. Get comfy and get to work.

Yes, Congress should take all the time off it wants, until Mitch McConnell wakes up and smells the coffee, and lets the Senate re-pass the bill which opens government and gives Trump the $1.6B. With a veto-proof majority, as the Senate has already done last month.

Yes, see previous post.

Okay. I’m not going to argue. Just trying to decipher your reply. I will put you done as a “yes.” Congress should be taking time off. Is that correct?

Okay. That’s two for give congress a break.