Kendrick Lamar shams female fan for rapping to his lyrics

Honestly, I suspect he didn’t think anything of it until the crowd turned on her.

Never heard of him.

I’ve listened for decades. I’ve observed the aftermath of the 1964 legislation. I’ve observed affirmative action. I’ve observed desegregation. I’ve observed bussing. The outcome is more children being born without two parents raising them. Youth violence is skyrocketing. I’m observing kids going through schools and shooting their classmates. The road “we” have been traveling isn’t working. Maybe…you should listen?

You are asserting a cause and effect with no real explanation.

I don’t think someone who demonizes BLM can say they’re listening.

Obviously the Pulirzer prize winning rapper at a sold out concert was doing it for publicity. This is despite the fact that two other people got on stage before her and skipped the words

She knew the words to the song… skip them?

Yes he should define himself based on what is proper for white peoples to do or not do.

Yeah… Wow… That poor girl seemed traumatized and he seemed really upset.

sigh…

Truer words

Then you haven’t listened. I’ve pointed out many times that the BLM exposed excessive force by the police and I’m grateful. They blamed racism but it’s been shown that the excessive violence doesn’t recognize skin pigment.

Knowing the words to the song…I’d have skipped the whole concert. I wouldn’t patronize hateful crap like that.

The crowd over reacted. As it wasn’t pointed out But for the crowd he didn’t care

I don’t know what listen to but i doubt it’s only folksy stuff. A lot of classics rock has “hateful” themes.

He probably shouldn’t have invited her up there but personally, I couldn’t help but notice now the n-word was pretty much the only part she really knew. She was absolutely butchering the song, but she knew exactly when to say the n-word. That speaks volumes about the manner in which she consumes his music…

1 Like

some people act like you have to rap the n-word of the song… like i mentioned before i can rap a song in front of my kids and not curse once… i just dont say the curse words… her dumb ass shouldn’t have said the n word

No it isn’t. Because: slavery.

There is no equivalent to using that word.

When I rap, I just use than “unh” sound like when I first start of the rhyme.

I can’t remember where I saw it, but Kendrick actually spoke about being taken aback when performing, in Austin, TX I believe, and looking out to a sea of white kids saying the n-word without even flinching. I’ve seen a few other rappers mention it too, it doesn’t really hit some of them until they witness they final product. All that to say, these kids are definitely saying it. The girl even told him, “I was singing it like I do in the car”. This was just the first time it’s happened on stage, Kendrick felt his card being checked. At least he was kind about it.

They think they have a pass.