Kendrick Lamar shams female fan for rapping to his lyrics

And you think the effects of slavery are over? Cool cool cool.

Only the white race can hold ultimate power in our culture but still find ■■■■ to whine about.

How was it stupid? Look at all those who say they didn’t know who he was…now they do.

This whole thing is so bogus. You drop that word into a song, then ask someone to sing it with you then you have no right to get mad when they say it.

What does his level of fame have to do with this?

Yes, Getting weird out there. He knew what she was going to rap…

That’s how you make money in his industry. If doing something “stupid” has the effect of increasing your notoriety and, by extent, the pool of people willing to plop down cash for whatever it is your selling, then perhaps it ain’t that stupid from the getgo.

And if that was his intention all along, sure - it got people talking.

But if he’s sincere about being offended? Stupid.

I agree.

Lamar is still a dick, though. He shouldn’t have called her to the stage. She probably didn’t even realize what she was doing.

I don’t know if he’s so savy a businessman as to recognize an opportunity to take advantage of the current state of perpetual offense to make headlines, or if he’s just one of those who finds offense in his own words when someone else speaks them. But I do know it doesn’t matter if your name is written in poutrage bold or pity party italic, getting it into the headlines means cash for entertainers.

So now you can become a racist by just singing along with a song that a black man performs?

It’s the equivalent of a white performing artist inviting a black woman on stage to sing a song about white trash. Why this performing artist would choose such a person to be a part of their act I don’t know. However, if I was that artist I would not be offended if they did as I asked them to do

1 Like

I think the affects of slavery have all but run their course. Now…education is free to all. Everybody has the potential to go after their American dream. IMO what is the most influencing factor in all of this is the parents. The Asians are proof of this. It’s time to stop using racism as a reason not to give your best efforts in all that you do.

Actually my friend…if you hear me whining, it’s about all the whining.

I heard the President just pardoned Jack Johnson the famous African American boxer who was treated unfairly a century or so ago. That’s great news but I’m puzzled that a racist like Trump would do this?

Who hasn’t had an awkward Kanye Gold Digger karaoke moment?

Now I ain’t sayin she a gold digga
But she ain’t messing with no broke … err, ima go ahead and sing the Jamie Foxx part for a bit.

1 Like

If any rapper asked me to come on stage at a concert and perform with[quote=“Smyrna, post:55, topic:1096”]
heard the President just pardoned Jack Johnson the famous African American boxer who was treated unfairly a century or so ago. That’s great news but I’m puzzled that a racist like Trump would do this?
[/quote]

Why puzzled? Being racist means you think one race is superior to the other. It doesn’t mean you never do anything nice for someone from that race. Did you know you could be sexist AND married to a woman?

I think white people who want to feel like the effects of slavery are over might be living in a very ignorant cozy bubble that allows them to feel superior to all those lazy blacks who keep using excuses to not be as successful as white people.

Maybe sometimes it’s ok to practice the lost art of shutting up. Maybe sometimes it’s ok just to listen.

And yet, this performing artist close that specific girl, from a whole crowd of fans (many of whom im sure would have passed the race test in order to song the whole song), to sing his song that he knew had that specific word.

Why on earth did he think the ideal person to accompany him on stage to sing a song with the n word in it was a white person?

I dunno. I agree it was a dick move. And I’m a fan of Kendrick.