Kavanaugh confirmation hearings set for Sept. 4

I’ve met him on 3 occasions, one in which I was able to ask him directly if he would help the residents of DC to receive representation in Congress. His response was as expected. Politics is a game to him. It’s not about making life better for his constituents or the country.

The do nothing congress has been in republican control for 8 years. That’s your party. I’m sure you’ll remind us how much you can’t stand Trump, all while supporting Trump.

1 Like

Great story. Not exactly true, though.

Close your Wiki Doug.

Meanwhile Democrats senate basically shut down Bushes nominees.

At the beginning of the 110th Congress in January 2007, President Bush did not renominate Boyle, Myers, Haynes and Wallace in an attempt at reconciliation with the Democrats.[18] However, that did not stop many Bush judicial nominees from being blocked in committee by the new Democratic chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Senator Patrick Leahy. Among those stalled in committee until their nominations lapsed were appellate nominees Peter Keisler, Robert J. Conrad, Steve A. Matthews and Glen E. Conrad.

Senator Harry Reid, the Democratic Majority Leader, and Chairman Leahy cited the previous controversy over President Clinton’s court of appeals nominees in justifying why only ten Bush appellate nominees were confirmed during the 110th Congress.[19][20][21] A total of eleven appellate seats with Bush nominees were left open at the end of the 110th Congress. Of those seats, two (i.e. the North Carolina and Maryland seats of the Fourth Circuit) had originally become available to fill during the administration of President Bill Clinton.

This is a clear case that libs can dish it out but can’t take it.

Then of course you have traitor Arlen Specter disaster in which he would confirm three nominees during the lame duck session in 06.

DC has all the representation in Congress they are due under the Constitution. We’re you asking him if he would help violate the Constitution?

Do you apply the same partisan test to the other Justices … particularly the four overtly liberal ones?

The inconvenient truth. :wink:

Please spell out how Kavanaugh is partisan. And please give examples.

And are you sure you want to set this as the bar for impeaching judges?

They aren’t my party. They are no better than the dems.

I don’t support Trump. I like some of his policies. Not others. I despise the pig’s personality.

There have been many members that have brought up a DC Vote bill., which would allow for the district’s elected congressperson to receive voting privileges. If you’re truly a conservative you’d support a bill like this, which puts the power back in the hands of the people rather than taxation without representation. My guess is you don’t, just like McConnell, because the district votes blue. Like I said, it’s all a game to him.

They aren’t your party, but I’m willing to guess with some certainty that you consistently pull the lever for the GOP. For a guy who doesn’t support trump , you sure are an ardent defender.

In 2013, then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid was much closer to being correct when he said, “In the history of the United States, 168 presidential nominees have been filibustered, 82 blocked under President Obama, 86 blocked under all the other presidents.” His figure included non-judicial nominees.

This is from Washington Compose no less.

even thou it’s opinion piece it’s accurate assessment.

Democrats have only themselves to blame for their judicial predicament

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/with-judicial-nominees-democrats-have-only-themselves-to-blame/2018/07/05/2225c65c-8067-11e8-b660-4d0f9f0351f1_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.ddc07c931820

So libs…cry me a river so I can stock it with trout.

And you would be completely wrong.

I do not defend Trump. You are confused.

Oh but I’m not…that’s all that is needed to draw articles of impeachment

Why not? After mitches stunt everything is game now…Reid was bad enough but that was still within bounds of government…with holding because mitch is an ■■■■■■■ and gambled is not.

The actual FALSE statement:

"Pubs were blocking every single executive and judicial nominees in the lower courts, just to muck with the system…:

You seem to have a lot of hate in you. An awful lot.

Not members of the Supreme Court. That’s what we are talking about, not Congress.

Then why hasn’t Ginsberg been impeached? She is about as overtly partisan as any Justice in recent history.

No need to answer that. The reason is that being partisan is not on its own, sufficient grounds for impeachment of a judge.

Neither Reid nor McConnel are Supreme Court Justices. Their rules of ethics are very different.