Just don't call it open borders

No, I don’t make the rules. But I can ask questions. You said there was no protocol. And you still have offered no evidence that there is none. Your words, not mine.

Some more info.

No it isn’t.

1 Like

Ok so I will amend my word…

Instead of “no” Covid protocols we can go with…

Incomplete…inadequate…partial…

My point is still correct.

This is from the NY Post by Emily Crane dated August 12.

“ As the border crisis continues to escalate, processing facilities and agents are being swamped — resulting in illegal immigrants being sent to major cities without being tested for COVID-19.

The city of Laredo reached an agreement last week with the Biden administration that allows it to send illegal immigrants to Austin, Dallas and Houston after they are released by the Border Patrol.

Laredo Mayor Pete Saenz, a Democrat, revealed Wednesday that the migrants are no longer being tested for COVID before being bused out.

Previously, migrants were tested for the virus in Laredo immediately after being released by border agents. Under the new agreement, the city is no longer required to test them.

“The reason why we don’t do testing is that once you test, there’s an obligation,” Saenz told local outlet MyRGV.com.”

We are now approaching 2 years since the advent of Covid. In that time the words “but we’re in a global pandemic…” have been the justification for changing the way we do everything. Shopping, school, voting, work, business. Everything except management of the southern border…the Biden administration by executive order has chosen to open that door and just let people in at an overwhelming rate.

3 Likes

Thus far no one on the Left has even attempted to address their own words on this issue.

1 Like

I don’t trust a single thing that this administration says regarding the border:

1 Like

They won’t…they would rather quibble over the minutia of ours.

The fact is our border is being overwhelmed by people coming to the country illegally…

We know of a couple of hundred thousand a month or close to it every month since Biden was sworn in. There are 10’s of thousands more who came in the back door while our officials were watching the front door. There is reportedly another caravan of 10000 plus Haitians headed our way. Good thing they drug our the bulldozers for the area under the bridge in Del Rio so they could get a good photo op.

If you hate the country and want to destroy it this is the way you would govern it.

(But hey…at least Biden took care of those racist horses🤬).

So exactly why are all these Haitians flooding across the US border, well here’s why:

"A significant number of Haitians at the border originally had been in Brazil, attracted by the promise of plentiful jobs during the 2016 Summer Olympics and 2014 World Cup.

When those jobs dried up, many began heading to other countries in Latin America.

“After Brazil, many Haitians went to Chile. There were opportunities in the construction sector there too,” Mr Thomassaint explains. “At that time, it was very easy for them to go there. They didn’t need visas.”

But many Haitians subsequently left Chile, driven away by increasingly strict migration policies.

Government statistics show the number of visas issued to Haiti this year stands at approximately 3,000 - down from 126,000 in 2018."

Again not legitimate Asylum seekers, yet well over 10,000 have already been allowed into the US. Now what’s going to happen when other people all over the world hear about this? Just come to the US border and come on in! Just don’t call it open borders!

PS - Why do so many countries have such strict immigration policies?

1 Like

From the OP:

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free”… something something etc…etc…"

If only I could have a nickel every time this was brought up. Taking this to its logical conclusion would give us an increase of about 3 billion people, or over 10x our current population (nearly 3 billion people in the world are in extreme or near extreme levels of poverty).

" We have room for at least 1,000,000,000 people in this nation. Lots of room for all."

“Was it unsustainable back in the mid 1800s when the poor flooded in.”

These statements speak for themselves.

" They are not illegals they are asylum seekers."

In other words, in the minds of those on the Left it’s perfectly acceptable for everyone in the world to bypass any country that is geographically closer and come on in to the US. Maybe this approach could also get us to additional 3 billion people.

Many of the other statements are along the typical lines about them wanting to escape poverty, find a better life, then there are the statements about how massive increases in immigration will be great for the economy.

One cannot logically express such views and not support at minimum unlimited levels of immigration. So instead of calling it “open borders” let’s just just have a system that grants automatic citizenship for anyone in the world who wants to be an “American.”

They don’t want immigrants.

The United States on the other hand welcomes immigrants from all nations.

For instance between the years 2010 and 2019 we allowed over 11,000,000 to immigrated legally into the United States.

Allan

Maybe a Beer Summit is in order? :wink:

Anyone who believes a word the Biden bunch says about the border is too stupid to be allowed to use a sharp object to cut food…

A couple of our resident smart guys swore to me that all the Haitians would be deported. “You should be happy the flights start Weds” they said.

Turns out an overwhelming majority are now in America and there’s another caravan on the way.

Here’s the thing everyone needs to remember…

This pathological bunch of corrupt-o-crate that can’t even tell the truth about its own horseback border patrol agents…

Is claiming that we the people should be on the hook for 3.5 or more trillion dollars and according to both Biden and Pelosi over the last few days that massive amount of money is all paid for.

How stupid does one have to be to believe these frauds.

Enough.

2 Likes

Mayorkas has lied to the American people every time he steps in front of a microphone or camera. He should be forced to resign then indicted for lying to Congress. Mayorkas and others in the J’Biden clown show are criminals that belong in jail.

2 Likes

I cannot understand why that lunatic Mayorkis still a- has a job and b- has the balls to stand up in front of the American people and lie so freely.

1 Like

This is repulsive

Biden said the border agents would pay because of that picture which was a lie, haitians were not being beat by border patrol on horse. they also allowed more illegals in because of the lie they voted not to allow border patrol on horse no more because of a lie. Hand up don’t shoot

3 Likes

In the view of Dems we have no right to try and prevent anyone from coming across our border. Just don’t call it open borders! :crazy_face:

1 Like

If Dems wanted open boarders, why are Border Patrol stopping migrants?

Thus far no responses on the following type of statements:

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free”… something something etc…etc…"

If only I could have a nickel every time this was brought up. Taking this to its logical conclusion would give us an increase of about 3 billion people, or over 10x our current population (nearly 3 billion people in the world are in extreme or near extreme levels of poverty).

How does that answer my question?

J’Biden’s presidency, everyone and everything surrounding the whole clown show is a lie. The fools that wasted (or created) the votes to put this moron in charge of the country were duped into voting for a career politician that has zero accomplishments in 50 years of “public service” enriching himself and his family, over someone who for four years was excoriated as being bad.
Even on his worst day of “mean tweets” Donald Trump was not this bad.