Judge closes down female power lifting event because males are not allowed

I stand corrected…failed males.

2 Likes

So running as a woman she outpaced 14,000 other women, and when running as a man he outpaced 12,500 men. In other words, not much different and in no way affecting anyone, male or female. Or do you think there is some woman somewhere who finished in 6161st place who really wanted to finish in 6160th place?

He.

2 Likes

As Mork used to say: reality, wow, what a concept!

2 Likes

Or another way of looking at it is that Glenique Frank improved her position by 8,000 places by running as a woman instead of a man. I have no problem with it if the race organizers and runners don’t, but it’s okay to point out that she’s not like the other women in the race.

1 Like

His position.

1 Like

I choose to call people what they want to be called, not what I want to call them.

1 Like

How about what they are?

Fine, you can call me “Bìxià”. It means “your majesty” in Chinese.

How about I make my own decisions about how I refer to people and you worry less about it?

1 Like

No problem.

Can’t do that.

No problem, Bìxià

2 Likes

Back to the OP for a moment.

What is a women’s powerlifting event?

Carrying a struggling large toddler and two sacks of groceries without dropping her purse?

/runsaway!

1 Like

Correcting people’s pronouns on an internet message board is an. . . interesting use of your time. Enjoy yourself. :smile:

1 Like

So you have no problem with anyone else doing the same?

Of course not. Do you see me correcting the pronouns other people choose to use?

Supporting crazy on an internet message board is also an interesting use of your time.

Maybe if they’re just trying to be mean and hateful about it.

Doesn’t matter much to me what she or he calls themselves, when it comes to sports I am against former men competing with biologic women if it gives them an unfair advantage. Title IX is there to support Women’s athletics and I feel it is being violated by some who outright win competitions due to their size and strength.

OTOH I don’t have a problem with Transgendered people enjoying excercise and sport such as this runner, who is middle of a very large pack and just enjoying the experience. Can’t get too far in the weeds with this, I just have a problem when it comes to the winner’s circle.

2 Likes

It’s a responsibility, not fun.