Joe Rogan vs Neil Young

That’s the voice of the white house urging Spotify to censor Rogan. That’s the epitome of government pressure.

Add, I didn’t agree with it when Trump was slamming TikTok either.

3 Likes

No, a warning that some content might not be suitable for all users. That way when a Karen/Neil comes across something that offends them, they will have been forwarded.

© is the universal symbol for interpreting personal pronouns as global pronouns. In other words, it means not you personally, but rather everyone.

1 Like

That’s not what I asked.

Pressure requires or else. I get how it sounds. You are not wrong, but a lot of things are said from the podium that def shouldn’t be but are. It is indeed government inserting itself i toa a private transaction between a private individual and a company but i don’t think it rises to government pressure.

When they comment on media And its bias or its knee jerk nature they are not coming out to ban media.

Oh sorry you are right. Personally i am not. I just ignore the impolite ones.

There ya go. Problem solved. :wink:

I had a conversation a while back on this board that a person can be smart but people as a group are often stupid. I think this debate falls into that category from both sides of the argument. I dunno if that’s confusing, i can clear it up.

You mean I haven’t needed to wait 30 years to sing along with Biggie?!

Ha! I remember that debate with the white dude on stage. I think context matters and i think people over react. That being said i don’t remember what my position was when the debate was being Had. Lol

I don’t think that’s quite true. Or the end of it.

It’s not quite true. This is from my perspective.

It is of course more complex than that.

I just wanted to be honest and add that there are a couple of instances where the word was used where “cancellation” was probably proper

The moron announcer of a high school basketball game who got caught on a hot mic would be a good example

If you don’t know, now you know, baby.

I agree that context matters. Situational context included.

Following this train of thought, as someone who is Jewish I have no idea when or why calling someone a Jew became inappropriate.

Sounds woke to me…

Decency is not woke. It’s about as conservative and old-fashioned as you can get.

Oh man :rofl:

That’s a lib talking point.

I know … and they’re wrong. There is nothing decent about wokeness.

1 Like

Wokeness in part is hyper-decency. Overdoing it. They believe it’s about being a decent human being, but a line is crossed with them.