Joe Rogan vs Neil Young

Everyone’s posts here are public.

That’s why you post here, isn’t it? So that the public (your public) can see for themselves what goes on in Hannity Land? :wink:

Guess you missed the heads of social media being repeatedly called before congress and being told essentially you better do something or we will.

that’s called party line. You really really really want this to be government censorship. I don’t understand why. Corporate censorship is just as insidious.

No, it’s the standard of a diverse polite society.

Polite society is the exact reason why the n word is wrong.

Cultural

Perhaps there should be a warning label every time you© open your browser …

No, I really wish the government wouldn’t pressure companies to do what the government is prohibited from doing by our constitution. Our courts have long recognized acting at the behest of government makes a company a state actor subject to the same constitutional restrictions.

Let’s see how this case goes shall we?

So are you for canceling impolite people?

A warning that the internet is a dangerous place?

What does the copyright symbol mean?

Free speech is to protect popular speech, oh wait, that’s stupid.

3 Likes

Rude people are cancelled all the time.

You guys are arguing from a very strange perch. I don’t call women c word i don’t call people n word. How difficult of a position is that?

Not difficult at all until the government punishes you if you do.

3 Likes

I don’t like him, but I’ve always enjoyed watching Bill Maher for his and the panel’s take on things.

Umm, no. Psaki

the company could take steps (if it wanted) to actively prohibit content that contained misinformation that experts have warned is prolonging the pandemic and leading to more deaths.

4 Likes

Initially they said they were going to redistribute the money to other charities of their own choosing. Florida and Texas said they were considering opening a frauds investigation if they did that. They then said they would return the money.

1 Like

Similar but different. The government would have the power to criminalize free speech, had not that been removed by the constitution. Fighting against the government authority would be labeled insurrection. Historically, that has probably been the normal condition in the world.
For a time, it may look like corporations can ban speech, and they can to a degree. If people want to hear a different view than is the norm with big broadcasting, eventually they will. I.e. AM radio starting in the eighties.

This is just the last gasps of a dying corporate media. People are catching onto them and their collusion with Democrats. Time to kick both to the curb.

1 Like

These are all good points. It’s not being criminalized

Right. Toeing the party line. Gross. Wrong but not government pressure imo