Joe Rogan vs Neil Young

To be fair, he podcasts 2-5 times a week. I think he’s closing in on 2,000 episodes.

I used to listen to the JRE - around 2009-2015 most of his guests were other comedians, and maybe 1 out every 20-40 episodes he released would sound interesting to me.

There was a shift at some point - I feel like it was around 2014-2016 - when he started having less comedians on, and more bow hunters and questionable nutritionists. Then came politicians, and it became what it is now.

I can say I don’t remember ever hearing him say the n-word.

Standards and practices are a thing with the people shelling out the money.

They pay… they get a say.

That’s why I was surprised when he emerged as like the e new Howard Stern, because his podcast was basically that show with Colin Quinn that used to be on Comedy Central, a bunch of standups making jokes about current events.I’ve been a fan of dude since NewsRadio.

I’m just assuming social media broke his brain like every other person with even a smidgen of fame. You say some dumb ■■■■■ you get roasted on social media, the worst people in the world come to defend you and then you start seeing the worst people in the world as your allies and bam, pilled.

Caving in. Be sure to check under the bed tonight, folks. lol

1 Like

I was the gaffer on that show.

Funny story.

I saw Ken Ober screaming at the network over the phone because the on site Standards and Practices guy nixed a bit where Keith Robinson says the N word. Ober was saying that the show aired after Chappelle Show.

A few weeks later they did a bit where Robinson got his official license to be able to use the N word whenever he wanted. But this was of course after Paul Mooney had been on the show.

When are they going to learn to quit apologizing?

1 Like

I wouldn’t know about Patrice O’Neal if not for that show, and he’s one of the funniest ever. I saw him live right before he died.

Apologizing still works as long as your on the correct side of the aisle politically.

Take the PM for Canada for instance who has admitted he has absolutely no clue how many blackface videos are out there. He was forgiven

3 Likes

Concerned about the apology but not the act. Seems on brand for y’all.

What a stupid post. Apologizing does no good. Just stop saying it.

What “act”?

Who did Joe Rogan ever call that word?

What did the Asian girl do?

Why is Rock deleting his tweets?

You can’t undo the past. Stop apologizing. Stop saying it.

Who are they apologizing to? The 2%?

“I was ignorant back then. I’m not that person anymore. Thank you for teaching me.”

Sounds like a battered woman.

2 Likes

Howard Stern gets a pass because he was the only white at Roosevelt. He got beat up every day. Lots of his content could be considered racist.

He shouldn’t be saying it. Also… let’s not skip over the planet of the apes comment.

You should read up on the grievance. It is not as serious as Rogan.

Apologizing doesn’t undo the past. What a ridiculous notion.

Horse hockey

Why not? Who should he apologize to?

Same apology. Taliban Omar used the same one.

Yeah, kind of the point. You get some kind of satisfaction out of that groveling?

1 Like

Do you say the N word?

Nope. If I decide to, who should I apologize to?

“Why not” :rofl:

Why is this guy apologizing now for something he said 3 years ago and might very well be true?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hotnewhiphop.com/eric-adams-apologizes-for-calling-white-nypd-officers-crackers-news.147317.html%3F_amp

Why do I not use it? Because I know what it was used for and I will not be a party to that.