Jesus liked slavery. Does our inherent desire to be slaves indicate that slavery should be legal?

They don’t have to justify until they start writing laws for everybody and claiming it’s because a fictional character says to do it or not do it this way. Then ‘faith’ get very dangerous because there is no way to logically debate against faith.

The idea of ‘faith’ and the old ‘free will’ arguments are a genius way to keep members and thus money coming in, because God ALWAYS needs money.

1 Like

There was indeed a systematic attempt to take all that women contributed out of scriptures.

Both Christianity and Islam have institutionalized misogyny and homophobia and the notion that all souls are not created equal.

Damn their evil hearts and minds.

Regards
DL

Damn them? No. Pity them? Absolutely. They’re lost. There’s always hope they’ll come around. Eventually.

1 Like

What percentage of the population were slaves?

I’m sure you know the answer to that. :roll_eyes:

That brings to mind.

For evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing.

Think how Trump got elected and please do not let up.

Regards
DL

1 Like

They are not. If one person tries to push their religion on you tell them to mind their own business and move on. There is no “they.” You do not face a barrage of Christians shaming you. Let it go.

With all due respect AZ, you are coming across as more hateful than you need to be. Calling the most influential man in world history a fictional character will convince approximately zero people to see things your way. It’s a non starter. But you are free to believe this. And others are free to not. And it shouldn’t bother you so much that they do. It’s their business. If your representatives are passing laws that you do not agree with, instead of complaining about their religion, which will get you absolutely nowhere. Why not simply vote them out of office?

“Calling the most influential man in world history”

Jesus, the con man, everybody.

I support your right to believe this. And you support my right to believe that he is divine. Correct?

Why should I care what you believe? Am I your arbiter or something?

You shouldn’t. Nobody should. We could all lead a more peaceful existence if we were not so judgmental of the spirituality of others. Agree?

Sure. I guess that also means you can’t use your religion as an excuse to be a ■■■■■■ to others. Agreed?

I wouldn’t know. I’m not a bleep to others for any reason. So it doesn’t apply. Agreed?

Really? So where do you stand on abortion then? Should it be illegal? If you say yes, guess what that makes you.

1 Like

Believe what you choose. I enjoy discussing politics not the personal flaws of my fellow board members. But you already knew that.

Odd that you’re in this thread then, since this is in the religion forum. Perhaps you should stick to politics.

Your thoughts. Not mine. And you’re welcome to them. I’m officially bored. If you want to move on to topical stuff. I’m game. Otherwise, I’ll catcha later! :call_me_hand:

I will. Coming up with laws based on an Iron Age book of fiction is ridiculous in first place.

Not all religions hold on to their fictional beliefs to the bitter end. Just as not all secularist hold on to their fictional beliefs to the bitter end.

Faith is simply being convinced of something more than 50%. Everybody, including secularists, practice faith.