Jesus liked slavery. Does our inherent desire to be slaves indicate that slavery should be legal?

36 Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 And he said unto him, [a]Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 [b]And a second like unto it is this, [c]Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

This is true, proving what you said is a lie because the two are incompatible.

Introspection is the source of the Golden Rule, and the underlying tenant of Salvation. It is the precursor to Repentance and the heart of Empathy.

Introspection is the Message. Every time.

1 Like

If a master and slave holder is kind, he will want more for his slave than to see him or her be a slave to him. The best end for all is to be as free as possible and be their own master. No?

Do you crave to be a slave or something better?

It is the first duty of all free people to have all people share in that freedom. Right?

Regards
DL

1 Like

True, but I have had to drive by their one-upmanship billboards that denigrate all but their foul judgemental, homophobic and misogynous ilk.

Regards
DL

1 Like

Correct, and they should keep their business to themselves in the public space instead of putting their judgemental filth in our faces.

Regards
DL

1 Like

Please let me add this to your proper views.

Regards
DL

1 Like

You have it ass backwards as stats show that the less religiosity a nation has, the more peaceful and law abiding it is.

Regards
DL

1 Like

Do you reject your religions homophobic and misogynous teachings?

If so, why are you calling yourself a Christian if you do not believe in their ways on such important topics?

Regards
DL

Jesus hung out with the hookers and thieves, not he powerful…

God will get you for that. Kidding.

Regards
DL

What religion dropped it’s belief in their god and survived?

Secular law is based on reasoned morality and ethics, if it not some old law that was religiously produced, not fantasy.

Regards
DL

Your first is impossible to do as yopu cannot love a god you cannot know, especially if he is as the bible portrays him. A genocidal son murdering ■■■■■ of a god.

Your second is way older than Jesus.

You also forget that Jesus said he came to serve and not be served so he is saying we should follow his lead and all be slaves and serve and not be served.

Would you like to put your other foot into your mouth?

Regards
DL

I can agree with this. Let’s see what Jesus told the so called religious who fought this reasoning.

Pass it on to the so called religious.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

BTW, Jesus is saying in those that we should all seek Gnosis. That is why I, as a Gnostic Christian, the best type of Christian quote it.

Regards
DL

1 Like

Exactly. He chose to cure instead of kill which is what prompted my other O.P.

Regards
DL

Would you like to make up more excuses after you’ve been proven wrong?

I know but you certainly would not judge the majority of us based on a few dinosaurs. You wouldn’t do that to Islam, which is the undisputed heavy weight champion of homophobia and misogyny. So why worry?

On what logical basis do you insist that absolute autonomy is better than the type of slavery I described? Do humans need to be loved and belong? How easy is that to achieve for someone who does not willingly subjugate their own urges to the will of someone else? Ever

Wrong. He hung out with both.

1 Like

Roman Catholicism had a fictional belief in indulgences paying for sins. Luther rejected that belief. Both religions continue to this day. Some secularists hold the fictional belef that theidm is incompatible with reason but become theists. These facts" prove my point.

Give an example of a secular law bases on reasoned morality and ethics only.

What proof?

1 Like