Jesus liked slavery. Does our inherent desire to be slaves indicate that slavery should be legal?

Jesus liked slavery. Does our inherent desire to be slaves indicate that slavery should be legal?

Be it the imaginary Abrahamic gods, — regardless of their ongoing wars, — or the Eastern knowledge and wisdom seeking religions and their gods, — gods being defied as a thinking system, — just as all political ideologies are, — most advocate slavery. All political and religious ideologies promote slavery of some type. It is a tribal must do.

That inherent slavish desire is generated from our tribal natures and we should follow our instincts. Our tribal nature might be better described these days as more — groopish or hivish, — than tribal, as shown by the huge carbon foot-print our city states create.

Demographically speaking, slavery to some degree is imposed on all people, from the lowest of us to the highest slaves among us. Jesus seems to have agreed that all belong to a guild, even slaves. Their social economic demographic position was by guild.

If illegal, slaves, — the real slaves, — the ones we think of when we usually use the word slave these days, — cannot be protected if outside of the law. They can be protected if legal status and responsibility is given to slave and their owners.

Think in terms of how we might have protected the Irish that were forced to work harder than slaves and dies much sooner, when masters protected their slaves/investments. If you do, you might think of present and real slaves as Irish and hope to protect them in these days.

I think that we are all slaves in fact, if not in admission. You might not be able to see yourself that way but if you can think demographically, you will.

At present, the rich are murdering the poorest of us; just as they did in the past, by imposing poverty.

As a high class slave, I feel it to be my duty to share the protections I gain from being an anonymous slave for my government and oligarch owner, and it is my wish that all people should share in those protections. Even the real slaves.

Global climate change will create a lot more lower class slaves. It might be you or I. I think it might be good to set the levels of slave abuse. This can only happen in an open and legal slave owning world the way it was in Jesus’ day.

I think justice demands that we legalize slavery just as Jesus did and give all slaves the protection and rules that society owes them/us. Do you?

Regards
DL

Ive seen this style of posting before…

1 Like

U R a Christian. Right?

There is nothing new under the sun.

Regards
DL

That is my all-time favorite quote from Ecclesiastes, and possibly the whole Book.

I’m not keen on defining particular levels of slavery to be accepted, but I do recognize that we are all a crop.

1 Like

I dont label my beliefs in such a way.

Ok.

You also do not seem to want to engage.

Regards
DL

Our oligarch know that as a fact, yet the slaves don’t seem to want to admit the truth.

Regards
DL

What verse(s) are you referring to that you claim that “Jesus liked slavery”

Jesus never condemned slavery.

He seemed to approve whipping disobedient slaves.

Luke 12:47-48
47 And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

1 Like

Sure. Go for it. Maybe you should start a movement to bring back slavery. Oh, one more question. Who wild be your slaves?

Jesus often goes “back and forth” in his public discourse in who he is speaking to. Especially in the Gospels.

And he uses cultural appropriations that the listeners can relate to at that particular time period such as shepherds and sheeps, fishermen and fish, masters and servants, fig trees and branches, etc. that are used as illustrations or figures of speeches.

Like when he instructed the disciples to be fishers of men, this didn’t mean to go get a fishing rod and cast out to reel in a person on the fishing hook, line and sinker.

In the 12th chapter of the book of Luke…

Jesus first was talking to the disciples:

(Luk 12:1) In these circumstances, a crowd of many thousands came together, so that they were trampling on one another. He began to say to His disciples first: "Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.

Then in 12:13 Jesus was answering a persons question:

(Luk 12:13) Someone from the crowd said to Him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.”

Verse 12:22 to the end of the chapter applies to the disciples:

(Luk 12:22) Then He said to His disciples: "Therefore I tell you, don’t worry about your life, what you will eat; or about the body, what you will wear.

Verse 12:42 explains the parable in “question”. It deals with managerial criteria and not consequences inflicted on slaves. This parable applies to the disciple and not the general society:

(Luk 12:42) The Lord said: "Who then is the faithful and sensible manager his master will put in charge of his household servants to give them their allotted food at the proper time?

I can’t say whether or not Jesus liked the idea of slavery (though I doubt it), but even if He did, that doesn’t mean I have to. Hell, He probably liked eating fish and goat’s milk for breakfast. No thanks. lol

I tend to think that Jesus dealt with the reality of his time. I also remember the incident where two brothers were quarreling over an estate, and one said to Jesus, “Tell my brother…” Jesus retorted, “Who made me your arbiter?” Advice to a person whose reality was slavery to be a good servant may have resulted in greater happiness and reward than advising a slave who had no other viable options to be sullen and do as little as possible.

1 Like

The income tax is slavery… Try not to pay it and see what happens.

1 Like

I say something similar about those who are stuck working for a corporation at minimum wage. Slaves were provided housing, clothing, and food. What does minimum wage cover?

No one is stuck working for minimum wage. You can get another job.

In every economy? Or, are in some economies are people lucky to get that minimum wage job? Could corporations pay more? Merely pointing out what future generations may call unfair from their future perspective.

That is a conclusion not based on Truth.

How would you define slavery, DL?

How about “being obliged to be on call to serve the interests of someone else in order to receive the necessities of life, with punishment threatened if one refused to so serve or serves below the standard required by that someone”?

Jesus was quick to tell us what sins were sins. He never spoke against slavery, unless you have something to show.

Jesus also called himself a servant to man and in that day, slave was synonymous with slave.

You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.
— Exodus 20:17

Note how belongs to your neighbor includes servant. That denotes ownership which is slavery.

Regards
DL