Jeff Sessions' church accuses him of child abuse, discrimination and more for new border policies

Out of the two of us, I believe everyone who is an honest observer of this exchange, and of our history here, knows which of us has a moral compass, believes in ethics, and has empathy for their fellow human beings.

But please, keep using the pain of these children and their parents as a bargaining chip for some absurd reason to spend tens of billions of American taxpayer dollars to help make your feels be okay.

2 Likes

Maybe. I don’t know. Trump’s base is getting off on this on multiple levels.

1 Like

It isn’t about Trump, its about GOP house and senate members up for election. They are the ones doing a 180 on this and running away from it. They have already seen the numbers and know this isn’t an issue they want going into election season, so they will cave on this.

1 Like

Perhaps I’m overly optimistic, but I like to believe that his base is still the minority of this great nation of ours.

I was talking with someone last night about this, and we were pondering whether or not this will help the GOP in the midterms, or whether it will help Trump in 2020. My guess is that it is going to hurt the prior, but you’re right in that it could help the latter.

And it looks like this is just the beginning too, for Miller and Trump.

Hat-tip to @Airyaman for linking this earlier.

Then why are you arguing about this so much? Heck, the administration should give tours of these fine centers…

They are, particularly on this issue (i.e., most Republicans support what’s going on; most Americans oppose it). But I’m not sure how much that matters. The base loves this ■■■■■

1 Like

If they don’t hurry the federal judge in San Diego may issue an injunction then they will have nothing to show for this…

1 Like

The AAP and UMC are leftists! LEFTISTS I TELL YOU

Activist Judges!!! Legislating from the Bench!!!

This is a great point. All they have to do is make a nice montage of the kids giggling in a bouncey house eating gogurts and cheering about how they don’t miss their parents.

They are if they’re being kidnapped from their parents with no clear plan to reunite them. And that’s what’s happening. This admin. is disgusting. Purely disgusting.

You don’t know what you’re talking about and you’re also chuckling as if this is funny. Trump and his policy is pure slime.

Of course that’s what this is all about. Trump is pulling this over-the-top stunt using kids as pawns for his completely stupid wall. Someday we’ll have a real leader in the White House. Certainly not now.

1 Like

Pictures and videos from these “summer camps” will eventually leak out and that’s when it will get worse for these trump numbnuts.

1 Like

The messaging on this is seems incoherent, but it may not be: it seems targeted. That is, for “compassionate” swing-voting moms: This is awful–and it’s all the Democrats fault! For the red-meat base: These people are an infestation. They are getting what they deserve. And if you like this, we’ve got more stuff just like it planned!

You’re right, it’s a very effective short term strategy, but it won’t end well. I’ve just never known any actions based on spite to really work out in the long run. This election has been “lol lib tears” fueled since the beginning - and all the folks making fun of me for feeling passionate about it are one example.

1 Like

Seriously?
You forgot about that?

(thanks NF for posting the links)

1 Like

why do republicans defend him tooth and nail when they know damn well he is a train wreck

I don’t think it’s very complicated. They can’t let those darn libs have an inch.

I don’t want to see what Policio says, abou he bill. You said the Senate passed a bill. Let’s see the bill or a link o it, not some talking heads interpretation.

Thanks in advance!