January 6th Commission Thread

If Al Gore was operating under the legal theory that the Trump administration was operating under, he could have thrown out the Electors from Florida and declared himself the winner.

1 Like

Treason would be replacing our form of government with another government. I have seen no argument (except for trespass) that this was anything but a disagreement over whom had won the election.

1 Like

Since the the theft of the presidency would accrue to your benefit, and align with your political values, I have no doubt that you can’t (won’t?) discern the difference between a republic and banana republic.

1 Like

Someone or some group faked an alternate slate of electors from seven states.

That is doing more than having a “disagreement”

No, that is not treason. Treason has a very specific definition.

It was more than a “disagreement”. It was an attempt to force a different outcome (as stupid as that thought was). Of course it was never going to work, but that’s what the leaders tried to do.

Like making up your own certification documents was going to do anything.

See, now you start telling fairy tales, and that just ruins any possibility of civil discourse.

Why do you feel the need to do that?

1 Like

Forcing a different outcome would have taken an order to the military to keep Trump in power. Trump had some goofy plan of having Pence reject electors. Pence quite properly determined he didn’t have the authority so Trumps plan was dead in the water. There was no force to it. It was a failed argument that he apparently thought would be legal…and it was rejected.
Let’s not start falling for Dems assumption that Trump wanted or somehow ordered those idiots into the Capitol. There is no evidence of that.

1 Like

They were used as a justification to try to get Pence to throw out electors and declare Trump to be the winner. They were even talking about it beforehand.

They were willing to commit an obvious crime because they were dumb enough to think that it would work.

How can anyone just hand wave that away?

:laughing::sweat_smile::rofl: :+1:

What is the statute for having a different, but rejected, legal theory on the legitimacy of the election?

Sometimes I don’t know if you are being genuine or throwing ■■■■ at the wall knowing it’s crazy. Come on man.

One of the many reasons it was never going to happen.

I didn’t say anything about Trump.

1 Like

It is illegal to forge State documents and send them on like they are real.

There are some people who are likely to face charges over this stupidity.

1 Like

Seriously, why?

Nope. I think the left has gone too far into criminalizing politics. Talk about banana republics, where the losing Presidente goes to jail or worse.

2 Likes

Here is the very easy scenario. Pence either decides not to certify or is forced by militants to not allow certification of electors. This leads to chaos and Trump at some point declares martial law. The transfer of power on Jan 20 does not happen and Trump pushes the idea of alternate electors - with the GOP Congress supporting it. Constitutional crisis ensues. Who knows what happens after that but the Republic no longer functions as it has for over 200 years.

1 Like

Who created those documents, what did they intend them to be, did they have reason to believe they had the authority to create them?

Relax. Trump will meter see the inside of a jail cell for the events on 1/6.

It seems to be by the State GOP organizations, but the letters are all form letters and seems to have been coordinated from somewhere.

There are seven states that did this nonsense.

People who should know better did this.