January 6th Commission Thread

Where is Ray Epps in all of this? Is he their ringleader in a super secret FBI operation? I’m just asking questions (JAQ).

1 Like

That’s the problem they keep running into. You can spin the sheep into a frenzy with your conspiracies, but when it comes to actually proving a case, conspiracies just won’t cut it.

1 Like

Yeah- conspiracies work great to sow chaos into congressional hearings as a way to call them “partisan witch hunts.” They don’t cut the mustard in legal proceedings.

Dude just can’t help himself…Maybe hoping for Insurrection 2- Stop The Steal Boogaloo

And this is a major reason I fear a Trump nomination for 2024. Covid, inflation, over push by the far left of the Dem party…and Trump wants to make his unproven claims about a past election as the center of political discussion? Nominating him would be putting a good chance for a Republican comeback at risk.

3 Likes

The 570 plus riots of 2020 shows who the truly violent are. Some federal building got attacked and even burned in some cases. 30 odd folks murdered in said riots over the summer. Still riots going on in Portland. Never ending it seems there.

Response from the left? Wink, a nod, and the turning of a blind eye.

Supreme Hypocrisy.

2 Likes

If there was an uncovering of a left wing plot that involved training, the aquisition of weapons, the storing of those weapons nearby with a team ready to bring them to the Capitol, People in that plot actively attacking the Capitol and then communications after the attack about how they were going to do it again… I wouldn’t be defending them.

Or even complaining about some supposed “hypocrisy”

1 Like

Yeah just on a strategic level, y’all really got to let go of Trump. I shouldn’t be saying this as a lib but Trump provides the best opportunity for libs to win elections right now. Even though I loathe his politics I will honor that someone like DeSantis provides a far better path to the presidency for conservatives in 24.

Anyone who rioted during 2020 BLM rallies were stupid and should be prosecuted. Anyone on the Left who tacitly or overtly supported violent riots should be castigated.

That being said, we are talking about riots on the one hand- while we are talking about the ex-president and far right military groups plotting how to stay in power and effectively ending the Republic on the other hand. Its by orders of magnitude worse.

3 Likes

Agree.

I can’t support him if he is looking backward instead of forward. We know the scales were tipped. It was all done legal enough to pass.

If Trump really thought it through he would realize what a big favor fate handed him by Biden winning. Trump would be the failed Covid President even with much of his base had he won.

Virus will do what a virus does.

1 Like

So he argues that instead of Seditious Conspiracy that they should have been charged with Rebellion or Insurrection. Do you agree with him?

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Seditious conspiracy is an example of a “political crime,” a category reserved for crimes that threaten the very stability of the republic. The category’s importance is not the severity of the punishment; other charges can usually be marshaled to achieve an identical sentence. Charges for political crimes are symbolic: To shore up the state’s foundations, a political crime brands the criminals as outsiders of the political community whose movement has no role in civic dialogue. A political crime then is potent medicine. The challenge is to choose the narrowest political crime to limit side effects that can be fatal for democracy.

From your link.

@TheDoctorIsIn maybe you should have gone to Wisconsin… :rofl:

No, but he lays out a good argument. Thanks for posting it.

I don’t think anyone was trying to replace our form of government with another, but I don’t know all the facts for everyone who was there that day. Obviously the government thinks proving seditious conspiracy would be an easier prove.
Dems keep saying “insurrection” so maybe it would be time to put up.

1 Like

They were trying to steal the office of the president of the United States.

And looking around, it appears that plenty of Republican politicians and voters would have supported this theft.

So the change would have been to a Banana Republic.

1 Like

Then charge Al Gore.

1 Like

That is not changing the form of government.

1 Like

Not the same thing at all.

For what?

Still a republic. :wink: