James Clapper: Russia DEFINITELY did sway the election to Trump

there it is again. the republican media’s message is very effective spreading the “spy” stuff. Trump helps a lot as well of course.

I stopped at alleged spying. Until you break out from that zombie state of mind we cannot continue with this discussion.

I figured you did not actually have anything here and it was just another typical Conan troll job, that is followed up with personal insults and attacks.

Until you admit the wrong doings of Obama administration we can’t have honest discussion.

That has little to do with why an honest conversation cannot be had with you.

1 Like

I’m not the one in denial.

I understand that libs are upset about their Queen losing but at some point that have to come to term with what Obama administration did…and how he weaponized the goverment.

Well they aren’t very bright if that’s the case, last thing I want if I was leading Russia is an idiot in charge of a vastly superior military force. If your neighbor’s house has a huge arsenal of weapons and explosives, would you prefer he was smart or an idiot?

Russia had Trump repeating their propaganda and aligning himself with their interests. It was going great.

The only reason Trump has been nearly as hard on Russia is because of the constant pressure applied by the ongoing Russian investigation and allegations.

Yeah, it blew up in their face. But not because Trump is smart.

The surveillance of Carter Page that began in October of 2016 was Not made public during that time, which in no way benefited Clinton’s campaign.

Are you saying they were too dumb to know Trump was a loose cannon and not to be relied upon for any sort of consistent position? You knew it didn’t you?

At least this far back, and certainly further:

"On April 12, 1982, Yuri Andropov, the chairman of the K.G.B., ordered foreign-intelligence operatives to carry out “active measures”—aktivniye meropriyatiya—against the reëlection campaign of President Ronald Reagan. "

Should the FBI have investigated Mondale? No.

They made an assessment that he was better than anyone else in the field. Far better than Clinton. I don’t disagree with their sentiment.

It wasn’t Trump that gave them problems, it’s the American media and public that keep the pressure on him. That’s what they didn’t predict.

Maybe they’ll all go away just like Republicans want and we can get back to what Russia actually wanted out of his administration.

Not what Hillary used to say.

from https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/16/us/politics/hillary-clinton-russia-fbi-comey.html

Dec. 16, 2016

Hillary Clinton said on Thursday that the hacking attacks carried out by Russia against her campaign and the Democratic National Committee were intended “to undermine our democracy” and were ordered by Vladimir V. Putin “because he has a personal beef against me.”

Speaking to a group of donors in Manhattan, Mrs. Clinton said that Mr. Putin, the Russian president, had never forgiven her for the accusation she made in 2011, when she was secretary of state, that parliamentary elections his country held that year were rigged.

Could have been a personal beef with her. I can’t say for certain I gave my opinion. Clinton gave hers. What are you going to do about it? Is it some criticism that I don’t agree with everything Clinton says?

many of the hardcore republicans i know are kids or grand kids of those that fought in WWII or served during the Cold War. I’m gonna change one word and you guys tell me if their grandparents would spin in the graves.

“USSR definitely did sway a US election”

or

“Germany definitely did sway a US election”

or

“Japan definitely did sway a US election”

Fell free to use past or current day definitions of those countries/governments.

My parents were Democrats, so they had a soft spot for communist Russia. Grand dad was a union miner in the twenties and thirties, that should tell you his opinion. Do you think Mexico swayed the election at all?

You just post stuff for the heck of it.

1 Like

You just snip for the heck of it

What I get out of Clapper’s recent rants is the degree of hatred this man had for Trump and that he was the most powerful figure in the intelleigence field. PLUS…his only boss, the only one he reported to or took direction from, was Obama.
This calls all the more for a complete investigation of what went on that started these Russia conspiracy theory investigations.

Are we going to pretend the American left didn’t have a soft spot for the Soviets now? No sale, I was alive at the time.