James Clapper: Russia DEFINITELY did sway the election to Trump

In James Clapper’s new book, “Facts and Fears: Hard Truths From a Life in Intelligence,” he says without a doubt Russia swayed the election to Trump.

“Of course the Russian efforts affected the outcome. Surprising even themselves, they swung the election to a Trump win. To conclude otherwise stretches logic, common sense, and credulity to the breaking point. Less than eighty thousand votes in three key states swung the election. I have no doubt that more votes than that were influenced by this massive effort by the Russians.”

He told Rachel Maddow in an interview tonight that while it wasn’t exactly collusion, Trump did everything Putin wanted by encouraging Russian hacking. He said the intelligence people gave their full report to Trump before the inauguration. He also said their report was not based at all on the Steele dossier.

There is a lot more in the review that makes me anxious to get this. I was all for buying Jon Meacham’s book, but this may be my next full-priced Kindle purchase. (I’m a sucker for Kindle bargains and there are always many.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/former-intelligence-chiefs-argument-that-putin-did-indeed-sway-the-2016-vote/2018/05/22/0d26c13a-53ac-11e8-a551-5b648abe29ef_story.html?utm_term=.681041b25462

This the same Clapper who lied to Congress?

It’s pretty obvious. To suggest otherwise, would be to say that advertising and marketing doesn’t work, which is pretty laughable.

He said it wasn’t.

Ha, ha, ha…this is really baaaaaaa, baaaaaaaa, baaaaaaaaad:sunglasses:

The current assessment of the intelligence community, and the Senate intelligence committee, is that Russia interfered and worked to elect the Loaded Cheddar Tater.

We know this is true. Trumpists will get the message…eventually.

Maybe when the moon turns to green cheese.

sure… that’s why Bernie won the primary.

Non sequitor.

You should read the reports Supposedly they helped Bernie too.

It’s not a sure thing. But it does work, otherwise marketing/advertising wouldn’t be a multi-billion dollar industry, and their wouldn’t be entire psychological studies, on how to best market products to people.

Get what message? Are you going to sue Russia?

The message that anti-American political beliefs, aka Trumpism, is a dead end road. Get off or end up at the end of the road.

What does that have to do with Russia swaying the election? What else besides “Russia” and “Impeach 45” is the message of the opposition?

I’ve read the reports. Success in one arena doesn’t mean success in all arenas.

Perhaps Democrats aren’t as susceptible to Russian propaganda as Republicans.

Your post demonstrates a lack of logic.

“Appearing on ABC’s “The View,” Clapper denied that he had misled Congress when he testified on the spying activities of the National Security Agency in 2013, saying he had simply “made a mistake” when responding to a question.”

hahahahahaha

1 Like

Clapper lied to Congress in 2013 about collecting data on millions of Americans. When asked about it then, he said he forgot. So now its just a mistake.

Clapper told Congress that he had not talked to any of the media about the dossier, Later he admitted that he had talked to multiple members of the media about the dossier. Another “mistake”? Oh, and he now works for CNN…one of the media with whom he talked.

Comey said that Clapper insisted that the dossier be presented to Trump. CNN was immediately informed by a leak once the dossier was presented and this was their “hook” to make the dossier a legitimate news item, in their eyes. And again, Clapper now works…

And libs are using Clapper of all people as a reference for anything.

1 Like

but
Perhaps Democrats aren’t as susceptible to Russian propaganda as Republicans? And that is why Republicans didn’t vote for Hillary? But I demonstrate a lack of logic?

I guess you’ve never heard about the importance of turning out your base.

You really continually demonstrate an inability for logical discussion.

I think Clapper’s opinion has a little more significance than you care to give it.