Ivanka Trump rolls out the new "skills-based hiring" initiative for the federal government

It’s cute you’re mad because Trump did it.

1 Like

Still a roadblock. If they required a degree for a job that didn’t require a degree then yes… the current job requirements are stupid.

Take away that requirement and it will be easier to fill. No argument.

I agree with the move. Why would I be mad Trump did it?

Amazing. If he cured cancer you’d complain about the hang nail.

This isn’t “less requirments”. It’s “different requirements” equating skills with a college degree where those skills apply.

The number of jobs available doesn’t change it just creates more opportunity for those who didn’t get a degree to compete for them.

Did you reply to the right post? Lol

I am agreeing with this move

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Because it’s trump.

It will lessen the requirements. You take away a degree requirement and it will make it easier to hire.

Why is this even an argument? It’s clear you have ever been an hiring manager.

It’s doesn’t have to.

If you couldn’t fill 1000 jobs because you couldn’t find a degreed person to do it. The government is 1000 positions smaller than it should be. The government isn’t paying for positions they haven’t filled.

Once you take away the degree requirements, it will make it easier to fill those 1000 positions. This growing the government.

But I agree with this move… so it doesn’t matter to me. Just making an observation for my “small government” conservatives friends who agree with this move too.

You are projecting again

Not hardly.

People with real life skills can have the same opportunities as people with memorized book chapters.

Equity or equality?

well they are a menace in mobs

and with political power.

physically, though they are usually pretty pathetic

1 Like

“Different” is not lower.

There’s no evidence anywhere to suggest the Federal gov’t can’t find qualified applicants, all this is doing is letting more people compete for the same number of jobs, based on the skills they have acquired over years or even decades.

You started with a faulty premise and just keep doubling down on it.

So this decision to lower job requirements was based on thin air? It wasn’t data driven?

I don’t know, I get them mixed up.

Maybe this could be looked at College requirements are less important than common sense skills a person can bring to the table?

This might help give people a wake up call for what they actually go to college for. Get rid of the liberal art garbage and put in useful skills.

It sounds promising.

Two false premises.

The requirements have not been lowered they have been expanded.

There’s no evidence anywhere to suggest the Federal Gov’t was having trouble finding qualified applicants.

This is no different than the Veteran’s Preference Act which allowed for veterans to get credited for the sills learned in the military instead of in college or technical school.

The requirements were raised.

I was kind of amused by his insinuation that he did. :grin:

so nothing changed.