Ivanka Trump rolls out the new "skills-based hiring" initiative for the federal government

Why do you say bigger?

You think you have more skills and experience than she does?

2 Likes

Take away a roadblock to hiring and the hiring increases. There are probably a number of jobs that can’t be filled, where they need to be filled, due to lack of degreed talent.

This opens up that log jam. This actually allows the government to compete with Silicon Valley who has been doing this for years

Well I sort of support it as I was grandfathered in and came up via the trade route to the position I have now

I completely disagree. One hand can do the work of 4 Harvard eggheads.

Ivanka got her position after demonstrating her skill of being the President’s child

Disagree with what part?

Bigger government will be the result.

How so? The number of jobs available won’t be changing.

So ■■■■■■■ what? She’s an unpaid advisor.

And now she’s earned it.

Not a great look promoting something skill-based

What skills are required to be a policy advisor?

I can’t think of anyone more qualified to provide persuasive arguments than his own kids, especially his own daughter.

It’s cute you thing making it easier to hire will result in a smaller government.

You only lessen requirements because you are struggling with more stringent ones

You don’t know that… but it doesn’t matter.

You lessen requirements increase hiring… not to stifle it.

Well that certainly isn’t true. They aren’t loosening requirements they are granting people credit, particularly veterans with the skills they’ve learned that are applicable to the jobs they are applying for rather than simply requiring a degree which does nothing to prepare most people for the job market.

Only about 28% of college graduates even work in a field related to their major field of study.

“skills based”

ooh no wonder leftist soy idiots at salon are making a mockery of it

1 Like

Again…

When you lessen requirements for a job… it gets easier to fill that job. Which, if nothing else changes, WILL result in a bigger government.

I agree with this move btw. It makes the government more competitive with get tech who has been doing this for years.

Unless the current ones were stupid.

I love how Libs are these weak “soy”, kale eating tree huggers… but also these big scare SOROS!! driven maniacs that threaten the very exist of conservatives.

:joy:

Btw I agree with this move

1 Like