It's time to Stop Defending Trump the Man

Thank you for that insightful answer!

I appreciate your honesty.

And I yours, as well as the excellent opening salvo.

I think I just got tired of all the BS…and was seeking honestly. I respect your answer

Any time. Respect.

1 Like

Yup, 16 candidates split the vote of rational Republicans, and there were enough deplorables left over to give Trump the nomination.

1 Like

I was voting against him and railing against his policies I didn’t agree with.

He can be a blowhard and cross the lines, and he does both. The blowhard trait works effectively for him as a distraction.

One can be an American and also acknowledge the global nature of modern humanity.

If you define globalism as the reliance on global trade for survival, then we’re all globalists.

1 Like

Other countries leaching off the backs of the American tax payer with their high tariffs is over, thank God for Trump.

Which countries’ high tariffs? Do you know how tariffs work and who pays them?

Such ADS!

What’s your © excuse?

Tell that to the American Farmer! Who now thanks to trumps trade war, no longer have the worlds largest nation buying their crops…

There are consequences to his actions. That, is one huge consequence.

Don’t worry about it, Trump is fixing the problem with those Globalists taking advantage of the American people.

What trade war? Do you mean those countries that have been ripping off America for over fifty years?

Those countries like China have been keeping the farmer in business. Now, in the midst of a horrible growing season, they’ve just lost 5 billion people to sell their crops to. You can
Bow at the thrown of Trump all you want…but he just killed the American farmer.

How many examples would you like of Trump being a disgusting, immoral, pathologically lying, kinda dumb scumbag before he ran for president? There’s a bunch.

1 Like

Much respect to you, Sneaky.

For my part, I have really tried to avoid hyperbolic attacks on the President despite his overt crassness and bigotry. I have come to the conclusion that he is there solely due to the woeful candidate that HRC was.

He is not the President we want but the President we deserve.

I suppose I am hoping that someday we will see a return to normalcy and many folks here who are defending the indefensible will have a “come to Jesus” moment and realize that having someone who is at least a decent human being as President is not too much of an ask.

Obama did a lot of wrong things in the eyes of many on the Right, but I think you would be hard pressed to say that he was a bad person or bad husband/father. He is a decent man who just ran the country in a way that many disagreed with.

I would be fine for that to happen again, even if it meant another GOP President. This is just not right anymore.

Eveybody’s got a good reason for everything they do, no matter how horrifying. In their own mind.

1 Like

Agreed.

Agreed.

Disagree. I don’t look to a President for moral guidance. I look to them for policy.