It's official. Beto is a nit wit

Welp, climate is national too. Go big government!

And the reason he says that is because it doesn’t help.

“Mr. Nitwit, tear down that wall !!!”

Oh good, now all 30 Democratic candidates will start one-upping each other during the primaries on how fast they would tear down the existing border barriers.

So because he says so, it should be torn down. Interesting you have so much faith in the word of one politician.

There’s nothing in that graph that showed the wall worked to reduce violent crimes.

Not one thing.

The reduction in violent crime rates in El Paso in the 1990s almost exacly mirrored reduction in violent crimes in other cities…And was already lower than the aggregate average of all those cities before the wall came into being.

And of course, your very link shows two major flaws that border walls exacerbate.

More illegals die trying to get across (my guess is, there is a segment of Americans that might not mind this) and those that get across stay longer…the wall works both ways.

Didn’t say that, I’m just saying he doesn’t want to do it for ■■■■■ and giggles. And stats prove that it hasn’t made a difference.

Your graph was spot on but you didn’t look at the enhanced version. There was a definite difference but no where near the reduction that took place prior. Now the question becomes, how much more can the agents be spread out, instead of so many over such a small spance of land. How much more efficiently can we apply the human component? The wall, in conjunction with the agents and technology…will be the ultimate deterrent to illegal immigration.

Trump is building the wall and still has it as an issue… lol!

Those are crush barricades by the porta-poopers.

You want to put linking metal concert barricades on the border? Have at it. Be about as effective as Trump’s 50ft mexican paid for wall and cost a fraction.

Its all about the appropriate tool for the job. Beto used the correct tools for crowd safety at his event. Trump is not using the correct tools to control illegal immigration.

Border patrol does not prevent people from sneaking in. They take people who have crashed our borders into custody. I don’t think we need more people in custody. Do you?

I still can’t get over that Beto lost to Ted Cruz, when he had like 80million for his
campaign, and Mr. Cruz only had like 8million.

It was soooo funny.

1 Like

Like I said, your penchant to make up whatever numbers sound good to you makes it hard to take you seriously but you do make me smile.

1 Like

With all due respect. Nobody here is losing any sleep over your personal opinion of them. So for further notice. Nobody really cares who you take seriously. Just thought you’d like to know. But I like the smile part. The world needs more of that. :slightly_smiling_face:

Beto spent $79,091,894 while Cruz spent $45,582,260. Cruz beat Beto by about 2% in a state Trump won by over 9%.

Do you even try to find out facts before posting or do you just make up ■■■■ as you go along? Its intellectually dishonest.

2 Likes

Bold mine.

You don’t speak for everyone here.

You may want to see the post right after yours where the actual spend amounts were laid out. Try to reconcile actual numbers with what carpe reported. That’s what you are defending. :grinning:

That’s a different discussion.

We were talking about the claim the wall reduced violent crime in El Paso.

It did not.

Wow. Your numbers are massively way off.

I care. Borgia has created and maintained a reputation of using facts to make his argument, plus he doesn’t bury his head in the sand if he doesn’t like a fact (such as labeling it fake news or being in denial about obvious truths). Because of that I respect his opinion and I am sure others here do too.