It's August of 2020

Then flag it was if it insults you so much.

2 Likes

But, but, butā€¦ we all arrived at the Pocahontas name independently. And thatā€™s a fact.

What if the Trump campaign and associates went to Russia in recent years, even while actively campaigning?

What if Trump fawns over ex-KGB Putin, stating he has more faith in him than his own intelligence agencies?

What if, again, Trump praised the actions of Putin while simultaneously disparaging our own institutions?

Thereā€™s now what if in this case about accepting Putinā€™s assistanceā€¦ Trump did and readily admits he would do it again.

Do you care? This ā– ā– ā– ā–  is LITERALLY going on with the current administration that you rally behind every single dayā€¦ and yet, here you are, trying to paint Dems in a bad light be creating a hypotheticalā€¦ whereas the same situation is unfolding right now with your own POTUS. You really donā€™t understand the irony, do you?

2 Likes

You think a lot of ā– ā– ā– ā–  that many of us attempt to correct you on, and yet you continueā€¦

Accepting information from a source, or even paying to receive information from a source is not illegal. It is not collusion. Nor should it be illegal.

What would be illegal would be offering money for anyone, foreign or domestic, to illegally obtain information. That is collusion to commit a crime.

Itā€™s the same logic used that allows whistle blowers information to be published by papers. Yet if a journalist asked someone to hack information it would be a crime.

The FEC disagrees

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fec-chairwoman-warns-candidates-not-to-accept-help-from-foreign-governments/2019/06/13/fb8a7bfc-8e32-11e9-8f69-a2795fca3343_story.html?utm_term=.da7e119ad43b

^^^^ This. Itā€™s truly is unbelievable that an American politician has to be told this.

Right? I used to laugh about thisā€¦ But now, itā€™s getting a little scary to watch just how easily many in the current GOP will shed any bit of integrity for the sole sake of ā€œwinningā€ā€¦ means donā€™t seem matter anymore, nor the avenues used to achieve themā€¦ itā€™s just an end game for them it seems.

ā€œWeintraubā€™s statement, however, did not clear up the question of whether information is a thing of value, an issue Mueller wrote was difficult to resolve.ā€

No she really didnā€™t.

If she did then both candidates last election committed illegal acts.

Whatā€™s this BS with libs caring about the laws, rules etc? Since when?

And?

Just the other night we had a long discussion where you essentially said you were being charitable to libs because you never tell them theyā€™re liarsā€¦just that theyā€™re brainwashed.

Iā€™ll use the words you said to me in defending that statementā€¦when someone sees you saying things that are obviously incorrect, what are they supposed to think?

2 Likes

I said libs are brainwashed. Verse Jay is brainwashed or YOU are brainwashed.

See the difference? Words matter.

People on these boards are libs.

People on these boards have argued in support of climate change being real, which is the subject matter you choseā€¦and left no room for doubt that you believed ALL who supported that assertion were brainwashed.

Broadbrushing is not allowed.

But no one flagged you in that conversation, now did they?

Actually I didnā€™t think I said all if my memory serves me correctā€¦I believe I gave little wiggling room.

My posts are being flagged all the time.

As for libsā€¦Iā€™m going to continue using it in reference to left-wing authoritarians.

Iā€™ll go back and checkā€¦seeing as you called climate change/global warming ā€œthe greatest fraud of the ageā€ (not the exact words but close enough for jazz), and pretty much stated that was an absolute objective fact that it was a fraud, Iā€™m not sure how much wiggle room you could have left yourself.

Just for hell of it. When I use the word lib knowing my reference why I use that word do you see yourself as a authoritarian?

^^^ That has to rank in the top of the most hilariously idiotic post Iā€™ve ever read. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

But you said ā€œā€¦even if paying to receive the informationā€¦ā€. Why would you pay for something unless it was something of value?

Youā€™re struggling with this, arenā€™t you. You (for some odd reason) created a hypothetical about Bernie, that basically parallels what Trump has done with Russia over the last few yearsā€¦

Desperation is showingā€¦

Also, are you speaking to me as if Iā€™m a ā€œlibā€ or a ā€œliberalā€? Because I know how you feel about ā€œlibsā€ and I would feel oh so insulted if it was the formerā€¦ oh my :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it was the latterā€¦ I mean, youā€™ve clearly shown in this thread that youā€™re not one to insult, right?

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

Sry, I got a little chuckle after that last partā€¦lol

3 Likes

Personally, I think you get a rise by using the term ā€œlibsā€ to broad-brush those of us who lean leftā€¦But when called out on it, like I just did in my previous post, you back downā€¦ ā€œNo, youā€™re a liberal, but man those dirty commie libsā€¦ā€

In fact, have you ever called any of us on the left a ā€œlibā€? I donā€™t recall that you haveā€¦ you just throw it around a lot like it means something.