It's all Trump's Fault

Sure I can weather a bad year, maybe you haven’t been keeping up with what economists are predicting may happen. But no matter how long I can personally hold out that doesn’t mean everyone has my resources.

Here is the thing.

I am 100% willing to criticize DiBlasio and Cuomo.

DiBlasio should step down and Some of Cuomo’s handling of the pandemic is borderline criminal negligence.

Why can’t Trump supporters criticize the President’s handling of the crisis?

Not sure what happened to the old republican principle that you should be responsible enough to prepare for financial / economic setbacks. Weird. Then again, this isn’t the same GOP it was when I left it in 2016.

3 Likes

So you are good.

Why worry about being homeless?

Enjoy the time off.

1 Like

Because, just about everything you say you want done that isn’t being done, is a state matter, not a federal one.

Again, not everyone has my resources. Nor does it preclude mine being drained to the point that I can’t make it through retirement.

And again, a year? Go read what the economists are saying. Shutting down for a year is going to hurt for far longer than a year.

Why is it that I get this feeling that if a hypothetical Clinton administration was failing this hard that that excuse wouldn’t be a thing?

As I said?

Why be worried?

You are better off than me and I am not worried.

I won’t disagree that it is a tough political opportunity to pass up. That doesn’t make it really his job to implement track and trace in every state. Or to make a county by county based decision on when and how much to open back up.

Wow. That is a claim that no one is making.

I would have hoped for a rational and competent Federal response.

We got the exact opposite of that.

No we didn’t. The federal guidelines are tougher than most states are following. They aren’t, and shouldn’t be, mandatory. Most of the complaints center around his rhetoric and demeanor, not the actual response.

Oh… let us focus on this one thing that might be rational and ignore the rest of the entire clown show that has been the Federal response to this.

Our response to this is like Brazil’s, not Germany.

Hell …even England is doing Better than we are and they started with a clown show but Johnson came close to dying and they took it seriously.

Here… the Federal response is blame everyone else and call it Kung Flu.

Party on… because only old people die.

Liberate… (fill in blank here)

But yeah. Let us continue to open up the economy without even making an attempt to get it under control because having the worst case scenario of a ■■■■ economy AND a bunch of dead people is somehow better.

This is the crazy thing… all the President had to do was handle this crisis with just the barest level of competence, humility and compassion and he would have been a shoe in to win in November.

What we got instead was vitriol and excuses.

It is crazy that there is as actually enough of a percentage of the American people who buy into the excuses.

Im sure if he gets his way with this, it’ll really help the already bad situation…Lets throw millions off their health insurance during a pandemic. What harm could that do??? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Again, Trump is not the one in charge when it comes to shutting down or opening up. You know this and still try and ignore it. Doesn’t that give you a headache?

1 Like

If there is anything I learned in this board is that Trump is not guilty of bad stuff.

1 Like

A coordinated, competent and rational Federal response would have lessened the impact and allowed States to open up under conditions where a bunch of people are not getting sick.

I cannot see for the life of me now anyone can see the US response to this and a country like Germany and think that we are doing a good job.

We are acting like a third world country.

Alien words for this administration.

1 Like

Blame your state and the people. This isn’t the feds jurisdiction.

1 Like

Which is only an argument that is used because Trump failed so so hard.

If he had a well strategized and consistent Federal response there would be zero people in this country complaining that he was somehow operating outside of the purview of his office.

It is so transparent.