It is now 4:00 pm EST - The Senate will vote on the two Articles of Impeachment shortly

Well after three years the ■■■■ show comes to end one must do the spin thing, because the headlines will be Trump acquitted and he will likely win reelection with help from this and the lunatic fringe that is likely going to win the democratic primaries.

It was just a party thing and a Romney thing. It makes no difference.

Didn’t happen this time.

1 Like

Could agree more. McConnell’s show trial in the Senate was a ridiculous charade and I am glad we have it behind us.

Oh well. Congress should have had more patience.

4 Likes

The Court of Impeachment has just adjourned sine die.

Should the President have released documents and allowed testimony?

Technically, no:

bi·par·ti·san

/bīˈpärdəzən/
adjective
adjective: bi-partisan

1. of or involving the agreement or cooperation of two political parties that usually oppose each other’s policies.
    “educational reform received considerable bipartisan approval”
2 Likes

Fascinating. The vote was still bi-partisan. Reality is hard sometimes, I know.

1 Like

Apparently. You think this was Democrats and Republicans working together to convict Trump?

I disagree with the characterization of bipartisan.

For 99 Senators, it was purely partisan.

Romney may have cast the only vote of conscience in the Senate by either party.

3 Likes

More than 75% of Americans wanted accountability. Avoiding it just leaves the electorate with their reasonable suspicions. This won’t help him.

And he may not have done so.
Likely he believes he did.

Highest approval rate yet according to Gallop.

Again, technically yes. Democrats and Republicans worked together by voting for conviction.

Ummm…you put an s at the end of Republicans. Wishful thinking?

So…by your definition we had a bipartisan vote against Impeachment, which passed…
and a bipartisan vote for conviction which failed.

I think youre missing the important part in those votes…which are “pass” and “fail”.

Donald J. Trump - 1st Impeached President of the United States With Bi-Partisan Votes To Convict

1 Like

Anyway, we now know the system works.

To be truly impactful, it needed more than one. “Technically” bi-partisan simply lacks oomph or gusto.

No we didnt. The vote against impeachment was NOT bipartisan. Not in the senate.